Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview for a undergraduate course at UCL around 5 weeks ago and have not received any information regarding my application since then. I have spoken to about 10 people who were at the open day that I attended and they all received offers 2 weeks ago.

I have called the department to find out why I haven't received anything yet and I was told that a 'decison has not yet been made' regarding my application. I'm wondering if this means that I am going to be rejected post interview as it seems that everyone else that was at the open day has received an offer.

Why would it take UCL over 5 weeks to make a decison about my application? What are the reasons that would make them delay giving an offer/rejection? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You probably weren't good enough to merit an offer outright, so they're keeping you in a 'maybe' pile until they've seen the other candidates and can compare you to them. It's pretty common for universities to do, and it doesn't mean you won't receive an offer at all.

ReputationRep:
    Emailed the dept. It was a clerical error, should have got the offer weeks ago. Everything is sorted.

relieved.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    to be honest i'm surprised you were so pushy about it! 5 weeks really isnt that long.

congrats on your offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    to be honest i'm surprised you were so pushy about it! 5 weeks really isnt that long.

congrats on your offer
    thanks

It felt like ages tbh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.