Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't take it anymore and I fear I will commit suicide Watch

anon please...

Life at uni SUCKS to an extent it is making feel suicidal. I don't understand 90% of my course and when I try to ask for help I get answers in riddles. Like I give a **** about ****ing riddles ....
    I don't have any friends - so its kind of hard to concentrate by yourself especially when you don't have a ****ing clue how to even attempt the homework set...I spend hours doing them and I get so ****ing depressed that I occasionally bang my head against the wall/table coz I don't GET IT. I'm just scraping through and what, its only my first year at uni?
    Oh and..here it comes...****ing parental pressure is driving me insane.

I can always change course can't I? WRONG.
    The deadlines are gone for my uni and even if i did, I'd have to start next year which I dont want to because thatll be a ****ing waste of my life. Uni is already screwing me - I ain't gonna wait for another year to get screwed again!
    Adding to the fact what I REALLY want to do requires money which I don't have/ no one will give me.

My life is hanging by a thread as I could just kill myself with an overdose without anyone knowing with all this tension and pressure. I guess I was in tears when I typed this - how sad of me.

I feel so bad that I got a place at such a top uni and somebody else didn't. I'm a ****ing scum of the earth really and dont deserve to exist/feel the need to exist.

ReputationRep:
    Cheer up its not the end of the world

ReputationRep:
    your life does sound hard at the minute, calm down and take a deep breath. sucide is not the answer, its a cheat. do what i do, take one day at the time, if there is a problem at uni and they're speaking in riddles, it wouldn't do any harm to ask again to go through with you slowly and help you quickly catch up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't understand 90% of my course and when I try to ask for help I get answers in riddles.
    I hate asking a question, then walking away and wondering what dries as it gets wetter.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I know it's a towel. (I googled it )

ReputationRep:
    Uni isn't the only thing you could be doing with your life, could try and find a job or get an apprenticeship.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it

ReputationRep:
    if uni is really making you feel this bad then maybe it's really not for you. i had this exact same problem a few years ago when i was about 14/15, i hated school sooooo much i felt really depressed... but now in 6th form i am enjoying it a bit more. suicides really not the answer, trust me! both of my parents have attempted suicide in the past and it made me die inside... so think of your family when u start talking like that. best of luck x

ReputationRep:
    Theres no point continuin a course you hate. If you cant change to something you like thres always other options. I reccommend reading this guy's story (to anyone, its a good read). Life lasts a long time and can always change if you want it to.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Mate, if you started again next year on a new course, it wouldn't be a waste of your life - you've got the whole of the rest of your life to work, to get into employment. Plenty of people are at different ages, different stages of life when they reach the marketplace; we're all heading in the same direction anyway. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. I'm 22, and have only completed the first year of my degree, I'm on an interruption of study at the atm, a break, as I can't even concentrate on anything, I've had to temporarily pull out, ****'s really gotten crazy lol. I have no clue what the future holds but I've gained experience and it's allowed me to be a much stronger person. You need to talk to someone about this.

ReputationRep:
    None of your problems are going to last forever. Suicide does.
    We can't give you advice on whatever it is you want to do that costs so much money unless you tell us what it is.
    Stop calling yourself scum. So you don't understand the course. It's not like you killed anyone. Lots of people find the work load at uni a challenge at first. Really don't be so harsh on yourself.
    Of course if you really don't think uni is for you then drop out. Get a job and start saving money for whatever it is you want to do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.