Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

not spoken to one of my closest friends in over a month Watch

we got in a fight on DofE coz we were there with a load of ppl I really dont get on with who had to do it coz they were forced to + everyone wanted to cheat apart from both of us.
    i asked her to back me up when i said we shouldnt cheat to the others
    she didnt the first time i mentioned it. she didn't the second - she showed them the shortcut.
    so basically she lied to me + undermined me in front of a bunch of people who made Y7 hell for me (which is why i dislike them) + left me singled out of everyone there

understandably i was pissed coz she's supposed to be one of my best mates, + generally when i'm pissed with someone i just completley ignore them until i cool off or they apoligise or we just talk. but it really upset me what happened + so i didnt speak to her for ages + she didn't apoligise or even speak to me

It's now been a month + we've not spoken. i've been cut of from my entire friendship group at school coz it sounds stupid when i say it so I didnt + there was a thing with another mate from before

i don't really know what to do coz i'm quite a prideful person + i know i probably handled it wrong but communication is a two way thing + i won't apoligise unless i get some indication that she'll say sorry for what she did.

I would just go back + talk to them, get on with it, whatever, but after i would go over talk to other people in the group - never wanted anyone to take sides or anything - but this guy basically told me that i was being a ***** + making things akward + so to go away (though it wasnt quite so blunt).

i decided to cut my losses + just stop hanging out with them coz i'm not that close to other people in the group + have other people round school who i can hang out with but verythings just screwing me up + making me kinda unhappy coz i liked how things were and now everythings just got kinda ****ed

+ i know this probably just makes me sound like a whiney immature teenager (which is one of the reasons i didnt say anything) + i dont really know what i'm asking its just i was rly happy before - it took 5 years for everything to come together for me + i was finally happy + now everythings just kinda escalated beyond what i (at least) expected + i dont really know what to do coz she was a close friend who i valued + now everythings just escalated like i say + its rly messing me up..........

anyone been in a similar situation? or got any idea what to do. i know the description was kinda long............ soory about that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.