Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Its coming near the deadline for ucas applications and i am still very confused and unsure of what i want to do.
    A levels : Economics Graphics Art

I do know what i want (ambition) in life,i want to start my own mens clothing line and design cloths and shoes and stuff to sell however i dont really want to take a degree in fashion design as i think its abit gay... and i dont know how to or see myself sowing and knitting.Also i come from a poor background so i just can suddenly get money to start my own lable and advertise my brand.

2nd-i really enjoy doing graphics and teachers always saying im a natural and saying how good i am,however with a degree in graphic design there is only so much you can do and the jobs are very low pay 18k annal.but most importantly i dont want to go to a art college because I WANT A UNI LIFE EXPERIENCE AND LIVE ON CAMPUS PARTY AND STUFF which you cant do at london college of arts and others.

3rd-Economics- to be honest i had no intrest in economics at all.i switched to it like 5 weeks into college term only because there was a girl i liked and wanted to get to know her (i know it was stupid).I did however find myself finding the subject OK and quite easy and got my best AS grade in it.I dont now weather to study BA economics im scared it will bore my brains out or it may be very hard but on the plus side i will experience uni life and possibly get a better pay job then with a graphics degree thats only if i pass with a good grade though.

summary -if i chose to do graphics or fashion i will need to do a foundation year so would it be benifitual if i apply for BA economics now through ucas i only have a few days left and i havent even done a personal statement... becuase i was so sure i was going to do foundation.

please help me out guys what should i do

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.