Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, what do you think of boys who have experimented with drugs? Watch

I'm talking mainly cannabis and maybe some of the 'legal' highs.

If you found out that one of your good male friends had done weed, would you see them differently at all?

The same question regarding boyfriends, would you be angry if you found out and they hadn't told you?

It's just that at my old school it was fairly normal for the boys to bun, but at my new sixth form it's kind of looked down upon.

ReputationRep:
    Male mate - nah would be like you idiot and leave it at that, regular use and id be concerned
    Boyfriend - if he told me not long after and didnt intend to regually use it i wouldnt be bothered, if it was months later or he was going to use it again & again then yes i would be angry

ReputationRep:
    OP you write this thread as if to expect a unanimous reply from every girl regardless of what the guy might be like.

Would you think of them as a 'druggy'? And have you done anything yourself?

(Original post by Astra_K)
    OP you write this thread as if to expect a unanimous reply from every girl regardless of what the guy might be like.
    What does the guy being like have to do with it? I just want to know what girls might think of their guy friends.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done any myself. But I would be up to try it maybe. (Just weed). I wouldn't care if they've done weed or they do it occasionally at parties as a social thing. But I wouldn't want them to do it regularly - just as the same as I wouldn't want them to smoke regularly.

Edit: I actually have a friend that has had a crush on me for ages, anyway he does weed 24/7 and smokes. It puts me off him as he always stinks and always talks about weed and when we're out together (with a group) he is soooo addicted and obsessed with getting his next fix. But I wouldn't date him anyway tbh, so it's not his only negative point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What does the guy being like have to do with it? I just want to know what girls might think of their guy friends.
    If he is a **** head, the girls wont like him regardless. if he is a really nice guy, easy to get on with, they wont have the same opinion even if he's taking E's

ReputationRep:
    If they were taking a drug perhaps single-figure times during one year (so less than ten - properly recreationally), then I'd be perfectly fine with it.

If they spent most of their time in their room expecting me to sit around while they got high and didn't really do anything together, then yes I'd be annoyed.

So in answer to your question, as long as its purely recreational, I see nothing wrong with it, and it wouldn't put me off a person I genuinely liked.

ReputationRep:
    don't care. I think every guy i know has at least experimented with it. Plus I would be a hypocrite if i disapproved.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, wouldn't bother me. Doesn't bother me.

As long as they're aren't, like, a regular addict, then I don't have a problem with a few joints now and again. it's almost a rite of passage these days anyway...

ReputationRep:
    If hes fit go for it :') unless hes a regular user then no

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the level of drug use. I'd be interested in trying out new things regarding soft drugs with a guy. For example, I've never taken poppers or used a bong/shisha. Could be interesting, haha.

However, a bloke that smokes weed every single weekend would be too much. A waste of money better spend on gig tickets!

ReputationRep:
    why always 'girls, what do you think of boys?' and 'boys, what do you think of girls?' ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapientia)
    why always 'girls, what do you think of boys?' and 'boys, what do you think of girls?' ?
    Because the Autistic Society of Great Britain populates this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome-o)
    Because the Autistic Society of Great Britain populates this forum.
    yeah it's a bit of a pit. and yet i still browse. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.