• Study Helper

Trying to rep someone I last repped 6 1/2 months ago (unless I missed an entry), and it still says I need to spread it around more before repping them again.

Is this behaving as designed? What are the restrictions?

(Original post by ghostwalker)
      Trying to rep someone I last repped 6 1/2 months ago (unless I missed an entry), and it still says I need to spread it around more before repping them again.

Is this behaving as designed? What are the restrictions?
      You need to rep 40 different people before you can rep the same person again.
      • Study Helper

Thanks. I suspect I may never reach the forty though :sad:

(Original post by ghostwalker)
        Thanks. I suspect I may never reach the forty though :sad:
        Just rep/neg random good/awful posts you see around the forums. I like the new system because it practically forces you to rep posts by random users rather than just the people you know

(Original post by - skyhigh -)
          You need to rep 40 different people before you can rep the same person again.
          Was that increased to 40 recently? I vaguely recall being able to rep the same person at a much shorter limit.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
            Was that increased to 40 recently? I vaguely recall being able to rep the same person at a much shorter limit.
            The new restrictions were added 2 weeks ago :yes:
            • Study Helper

(Original post by - skyhigh -)
            Just rep/neg random good/awful posts you see around the forums. I like the new system because it practically forces you to rep posts by random users rather than just the people you know
            Thanks, but I've got better things to do other than going looking for people to rep. I'll abandon the system entirely.

ReputationRep:
            What was it before?

It's a bit irritating to people who spend the majority of their time in the smaller sub-forums.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by cambo211)
            What was it before?

It's a bit irritating to people who spend the majority of their time in the smaller sub-forums.
            It used to be every 28 days before repping the same user again.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by EierVonSatan)
            It used to be every 28 days before repping the same user again.
            I mean post update but before the 40 user thing?
            • PS Helper
            • Wiki Support Team

(Original post by cambo211)
            I mean post update but before the 40 user thing?
            Personal rep (through profiles) worked correctly at 40 users until the next rep. With post ratings you only had to wait a day before repping the same person again, though this was a bug and never meant to be the case.

ReputationRep:
            (Original post by secretmessages)
            Personal rep (through profiles) worked correctly at 40 users until the next rep. With post ratings you only had to wait a day before repping the same person again, though this was a bug and never meant to be the case.
            Ahh right. :yy:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.