Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For those who have been to Zante, Laganas Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm organising a massive trip to Zante for late June early July. (we're all going to be 18, and want to party as much as poss)

Now,
    If you have been I have some questions for you..
    1. How much did it cost you overall?
    2. Where did you stay? How was it? Any suggestions?
    3. How much did drinks costs roughly?
    4. Who did you fly with?

and anything else you want to add, please doo!

ReputationRep:
    Chav fest.

ReputationRep:
    Im going with my mates around same time, we'll be 20 though !!! can not wait.
    As for prices, go to your travel agency they know best! deffo go for self catering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hana_87)
    Chav fest.
    It's basically this.

ReputationRep:
    1. The holiday cost me £330, for a week, self-catering. On top of that I took 400 Euros for the week & came back with 50
    2. We stayed at the Oscar Apartments. It was a good hotel, but you'd probably be better off staying somewhere closer to the strip, it's a bit of a mission away!
    3. All the bars do different deals in order to try and get you in! The majority of them didn't cost over 3 euroes, but like I said, with the deals you can get 3 cocktails and 2 shots for 5 euros & things like that.
    4. We flew with Thomas Cook

There are quite a few 'chavs' out there, but we never had any problems when there! Didn't see any fights or arguments, everyone's just there to have a good time!

ReputationRep:
    whatever you do go with a known travel agency, dont book flights and the hotel seperate. thats fine when you know what your doing and your on the planet 24/7 but a group of drunk lads stranded somewhere is not a pretty sight lol Thomas cooks probly cheapest.. depending though if you want the 18-30 reps etc there then yeah book through the 18-30s thing but if your not to fussed as long as your in the party scene just book a hotel through TC which is where you want to be. 18-30 exclusive hotels are alot more pricey than just a normal hotel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martha-Louise)
    1. The holiday cost me £330, for a week, self-catering. On top of that I took 400 Euros for the week & came back with 50
    2. We stayed at the Oscar Apartments. It was a good hotel, but you'd probably be better off staying somewhere closer to the strip, it's a bit of a mission away!
    3. All the bars do different deals in order to try and get you in! The majority of them didn't cost over 3 euroes, but like I said, with the deals you can get 3 cocktails and 2 shots for 5 euros & things like that.
    4. We flew with Thomas Cook

There are quite a few 'chavs' out there, but we never had any problems when there! Didn't see any fights or arguments, everyone's just there to have a good time!
    One tends to agree with the above post. I've been to Laganas twice; once in 2009 and again in 2010. I've only ever seen one fight. Apart from that the atmosphere is amazing, everyone is friendly and no one wants to get into any trouble whilst on holiday.

To the people who call it a chavfest etc. Stop being so narrowminded and uptight.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.