Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Protesters - do you wish you'd tried harder? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I mean its not like you really fought for the cause like women did in the early 1900s for universal suffrage.

ReputationRep:
    I think they tried as hard as they could considering the time scale and constraints.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    well i never really went .. but i like to think i joined them in spirit:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    I think they tried as hard as they could considering the time scale and constraints.
    Its what 8 weeks after the Browne report?

They had way more than enough time for a decent hungar strike to be under way.

ReputationRep:
    ...uh...the amount of rioting done outwieghed any credible campaign.Damn can't belive I never even knew till today.I wanna riot,humph I'll just have to wait god knows how long
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Key difference. Those women were fighting for equality and the right to be recognised as equal to men. The protesters on the other hand on not fighting for a cause nearly as worthy,

Students are a bunch of panzies, can't fight for jack ****.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Quady)
      Its what 8 weeks after the Browne report?

They had way more than enough time for a decent hungar strike to be under way.
      The majority of them had a legal obligation to attend classes which they were paying through the nose for... lol

ReputationRep:
      The majority of them had a legal obligation to attend classes which they were paying through the nose for... lol
      Only reason I didn't attend. I had a 3 hour Qualitative Research Methods session which I had to do a marked presentation on the Thematic Analysis of 4 transcripts from Diabetes patients.

Sucks to be me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aj12)
      Key difference. Those women were fighting for equality and the right to be recognised as equal to men. The protesters on the other hand on not fighting for a cause nearly as worthy,
      Ofc, you'd believe that.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by channy)
      Ofc, you'd believe that.
      Your actually such a tool that you think protesting a raise in tuition fees is the same as fighting for equality and human rights?

ReputationRep:
      :eek:
      That doesn't mean they had to eat though does it?

Actually most haven't paid a penny towards their tuition.

ReputationRep:
      I was bloody well doing work!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aj12)
      So they didn't protest as hard and didn't get what they wanted.

I know, just pointing that out. Thanks for the supplementary words.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aj12)
      Your* actually such a tool that you think protesting a raise in tuition fees is the same as fighting for equality and human rights?
      It's not just about tuition fees, though. Is it? It's the principle, and if you can't see it I pity you.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MetalheadA7X)
      Only reason I didn't attend. I had a 3 hour Qualitative Research Methods session which I had to do a marked presentation on the Thematic Analysis of 4 transcripts from Diabetes patients.

Sucks to be me.
      That's the kinda thing Martin Luther King would have said.

I can hear it now....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AwsomePossum)
      ...uh...the amount of rioting done outwieghed any credible campaign.Damn can't belive I never even knew till today.I wanna riot,humph I'll just have to wait god knows how long
      You chose the wrong two months to live under a rock...
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by channy)
      It's not just about tuition fees, though. Is it? It's the principle, and if you can't see it I pity you.
      The princepel of a free ride in life? Something for nothing?

ReputationRep:
      i wish i'd set more places on fire

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aj12)
      The princepel of a free ride in life? Something for nothing?
      Ah yes, it would've been nice to grow up when it "free".

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.