Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

where can i get bright pink hair dye? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering if anyone on here knew where i could get bright pink hair dye? my hair is dark but i have bleached the underneath and its gone sort of ginger so i want to dye it pink
    i'm not bothered if its only a semi-permanent 1 but i don't want one that washes out the first time i wash my hair. it would also be better if it was a high street store because i want to do it before christmas.

thankyou muchly in advance

ReputationRep:
    Most alternative shops, like Blue Banana, if you live in London, Camden has tonnes of shops or online as said below.

ReputationRep:
    Plenty online.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately i'm up north and i wasn't sure about getting it before christmas if i ordered online. i might just do that though thanks

ReputationRep:
    postage is pretty fast, with first class postage you could probably get it by saturday if not monday.
    i regularly order my lizards live food online and it comes the next day :P

ReputationRep:
    This?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Directions-S...1939642&sr=8-3

ReputationRep:
    why would you do it? I mean its shocking, its weird and distinguishes you from the crowd...but still.... /=

Don't get me wrong - I wanted to have pink highlights but i was given red instead - my hairdresser decided to be a mum lol - I really dont regret that though.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm... i think i'm going to have a look in boots and superdrug and a few other places before ordering online. just wondered if anyone knew for definite where i could get it not online. thanks people xx

ReputationRep:
    "Alternative" shops usually do really bright dyes. There's always one or two of those shops in towns, you just have to usually search on the outside of them to find them. I've heard Directions gives good colour.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you live?
    Most alternative clothing/fashion shops sell brightly coloured dyes. I know Blue Banana do.
    Otherwise google stargazer, directions, crazy colour or manic panic. I've used stargazer many a time and it's really good colour. If you want the most vibrant results I'd recommend you bleach your hair again (not that healthy, I know) because the lighter your hair the brighter the pink!
    I think New Look have started stocking stargazers too.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I used to dye my hair pink - used to buy the dye from Wilkinsons. Dunno if they still do it though, you're talking about 7 or 8 years ago now. I used to have to bleach it first so that the pink dye would take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abara)
    why would you do it? I mean its shocking, its weird and distinguishes you from the crowd...but still.... /=

Don't get me wrong - I wanted to have pink highlights but i was given red instead - my hairdresser decided to be a mum lol - I really dont regret that though.
    i only want to do the underneath to be fair and i just want to try it. i'd prefer a semi-permanent dye though. i've had red and purple in my hair before but never pink

ReputationRep:
    i live in accrington - near blackburn and burnley but most shops tend to do 'normal' coloured hair dye. it's a pain. i don't think i'll be bleaching it again for a while because i fried it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Most big new look stores stock stargazer

ReputationRep:
    i think i may have to take a trip to new look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny Christ)
    Plenty online.
    You'd know. :top:
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    this is what the one from Wilkinsons turned out like on me

Spoiler:
    Show

this was when I did half pink half bleach blonde lol

and this was another time - all pink. I had it like this for about a year and a half in total. Like I said, it was about 8 years ago though.

it was pretty decent hair colour. The photos don't quite do the colour justice. I think I've still got a box of it kicking around somewhere believe it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    this is what the one from Wilkinsons turned out like on me .
    was it the smart colour 1?
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erb90)
    was it the smart colour 1?
    I can't remember I'm gonna look in my cupboard tomorrow and see if I can find the box I've got to see which make it was.

I'd say you could have it if you want, but I'm not sure quite how good 8 year old hair dye would be lol. Does hair dye have an expiry date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I can't remember I'm gonna look in my cupboard tomorrow and see if I can find the box I've got to see which make it was.

I'd say you could have it if you want, but I'm not sure quite how good 8 year old hair dye would be lol. Does hair dye have an expiry date?
    i think it might have an expiry date and be a bit dead by now but thanks for the offer

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.