Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    With lots of people protesting against £9000 fees who has decided its too expensive for them and they won't be going to uni?

ReputationRep:
    It seems strangely quiet....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    It seems strangely quiet....
    You forgot it's TSR. :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    Welsh and Scottish students won't be posting on this thread.

Oh...wait a minute...if their assemblies can afford it, then clearly it is not a financial imperative, more of a choice of priorities by our government. We didn't HAVE to do this.

You could have popped down to any one of the protests and asked the question in person...

And yes, it IS TSR.

ReputationRep:
    You also forgot you were posting that comment at 3am

ReputationRep:
    Why would anybody not go to uni just because of fees being higher?

I can never understand why people think they would put people off.

When you don't pay ANYTHING up front it doesn't exclude anyone.

If people want to go into a job that will pay them poorly and resultingly they will spend ages paying off their debt, that is their choice. Nobody is forcing them to do that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Welsh and I will be going to university and I have continued to fight for the English.

The increase is a disgrace.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.