The Student Room Group

how important is age difference?

just wondering what people think. basically I'm a 20 year old guy, just starting my first year of university (took a gap year). i've normally liked / gone out with girls about 2 years younger than me, pretty normal. but the girl I like now is 15, and that makes me feel kinda awkward, what with all the negative stereotypes and stuff. she's 16 on february 1st, but that doesn't make me feel any better.

we have everything in common, and she likes me too.

is that too young? or should age be no barrier?
A 4-5 age gap is alright, but not at the ages you've said, imo.
I think it's absolutely fine tbh x (as a 16 year old girl)
It depends what level you want to take the realtionship to?
If you think you could cope with the maturity level of a 15/16 year old, then by all means. But bear in mind that at that age, they're still kids. You're an adult, and they're still children. They still think like children too.
I'd say that's an ok age gap, a bit like TC said, though, when it's at older ages, it seems less "weird". Obvs wait for sexy times until she is 16, though. :naughty:
Reply 6
Original post by Ilora-Danon
If you think you could cope with the maturity level of a 15/16 year old, then by all means. But bear in mind that at that age, they're still kids. You're an adult, and they're still children. They still think like children too.

i know, that's what bugs me. I mean i've only just turned 20 and suddenly I feel ancient lol, swear the last 3 years have just vanished!
Honestly age is just a number, i know a girl who dates a guy 6 years older than herself. shes 17 now and hes turning 23 i think. However if the age difference is a bit too big then it will be pretty awkward. Just keep things legal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending