Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vale do lobo/teens holidaying Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey so my friends and I want to do something to celebrate finishing GCSEs etc next summer and seeing as loads of people go to vale do lobo in portugal we thought itd be really nice - sunbathing in day, going out at nighttt problem is, do we need parents? well yes or the villa owners will not rent us the villa so we are screwed :/ but none of our parents seem to be willing to be the parent responsible for 7 16 year old girls in a different country! not surprising to be honest! but we really want to go and dont know how we can overcome this problem? have you/did you make plans to go away in GCSE summer with friends? what did you do? abroad? please let me know xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-strawberry-x)
    Hey so my friends and I want to do something to celebrate finishing GCSEs etc next summer and seeing as loads of people go to vale do lobo in portugal we thought itd be really nice - sunbathing in day, going out at nighttt problem is, do we need parents? well yes or the villa owners will not rent us the villa so we are screwed :/ but none of our parents seem to be willing to be the parent responsible for 7 16 year old girls in a different country! not surprising to be honest! but we really want to go and dont know how we can overcome this problem? have you/did you make plans to go away in GCSE summer with friends? what did you do? abroad? please let me know xx
    Ive been to Vale Do Lobo. When we rented the villa (5 18 year olds) they never even asked for our age. Infact I cant think of one time we needed to state age in the resort at all, even the night club and bars didnt ID us once. Really nice place for a holiday with friends. Dont expect lots of touristy stuff, it really is just a place to chill out, as it's not really within walking distance of anything like that.

ReputationRep:
    Val Do Lobo is so expensive!!

Club called Lizard or something 20 euros to get in and 8 euros a drink!

That is all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanjw)

That is all
    Gecko :cool: Was only 5 euros to get in when I was there, and the drinks werent anymore expensive than elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Yer Vale do Lobo isn't really a young party destination, quite affluent, mainly families, people who live there are mostly retired. There is one nightclub but its really a bar which stays open late. It's quite a drive from the main touristy part, thinking that's villamoura. Sure if you just want to go and chill out, maybe a friend has a villa there, but it won't be majorly exciting.

ReputationRep:
    ahh its ok we have decided that it is just too complicated because no parents are really willing to come withh. sooo we have decided to go to newquay insteadd, have any of you beeen? what are your thoughts? xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Newquay with my friends for after GCSE's celebrations!!!! So excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanjw)

That is all
    Val Do Lobo has become an increasingly cheep place for 16 - 18 year olds especially to party and Gecko is no exception, an entrance ticket costs 5 euros (comes with a free drink) the whole night costs no more than 30 euros

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.