Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've recieved offers from these universities and I can't make up my mind where to go. At Southbank I would study English with Creative Writing, which might be better career-wise, but it looks like Southbank is more for mature students, so I don't know if I would like the halls/nightlife experience. At Greenwich I already know two people at the university and others in the local area, but the course is only English.

Can anyone who has been to either of these universities give me any advice?

(And yes, I know that these aren't very good universities, but illness has severely effected my schoolwork for the past couple of years and I would rather go somewhere than nowhere)

ReputationRep:
    I've been around Greenwich (and I'm now at Medway which Kent, Greenwich and Canterbury Christchurch share), and Greenwich actually seems like a really efficient university which offers lots of help and support to its students.

The campus in Greenwich is also really nice, and seeing as it's out of central London, it's a bit cheaper. Greenwich as a place is really lovely too, especially in Winter.

LSBU is in a horrible location; Elephant and Castle. It's really grotty and run down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.