The Student Room Group

The right time to ask...

So I've just met this girl- we've been seeing each other in passing for a couple of months around the place but it's only in the past few days that we've actually started to talk.

To cut a long story short, I'm incredibly attracted to her. She's stunning and as I'm starting to get to know her she's turning out to be a really down to earth and funny person. I really want to ask her out, but I'm not sure how and when to go about it without ruining things.

I feel that perhaps I need to get to know her better before asking her, but I'm scared of letting us get in the "friends zone"- however at the same time, I don't want to ask too soon, scare her off and ruin what could I think be a strong friendship. Any advice? :confused:
Reply 1
Keep up the contact and the sooner you ask the better, maybe within 1-2 weeks. But when you ask be cool, not hesitant, but not in your face and scary. It would help if there was some "night out" you could both be co-incidentally out on.

The reason you want it sooner is because you risk being "friend-zoned" as you call it. If she is a down to earth girl, but doesn't want anything from you that way, you can simply apologise and remain friends. It won't be ruined if you've been cool about it, and you can still stay friends. You might find a much harder task ahead of you if you try and go from friends to lovers. Much better it be out in the open than eventually you regretting never making a move sooner to make your intentions clear.
Reply 2
Haha 2 week?! You will have been well and truly friend zoned. Why not do it tomorrow?
Reply 3
Anyone else?
Give it another week and then ask her out, or maybe ask her to go as your date if there is an event you are both going to? Something along those lines.

I'm in between the two posters above - I find two weeks too long (although the rest of the advie is good) but only a day is a bit sudden. I'd suggest talking to her and getting to know her as much as possible over this first week, and then ask her out.

Don't leave it any longer than that. There's a guy that I know for sure likes me who has been d*cking around with asking me out for the past month. I really like him but I've got completely bored with waiting for him to make a move (plus he blows hot and cold), so don't just leave it to stagnate. Make a move, but be sure that you are in a strong position first :smile:
Reply 5
Make a move, but be sure that you are in a strong position first

This is why I'm a little wary, I find it hard to tell whether she actually likes me at all or not, shes quite hard to read in that way. I appreciate though it might just be a case of me having to take the risk and just ask
Reply 6
Looks like someone's anon just slipped :P
Reply 7
Original post by AnHuman
Looks like someone's anon just slipped :P

Don't know what you mean... :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending