Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i am planning to get a new laptop, i have saved up and i don't really want to go over £800. I will be use it for the usual movies, work, music but also for stuff like video editing and possibly gaming.

Hence i am hoping to get a decent amount of ram and processor.

Do you guys have any recommendations for what the best laptop i could get for no more than £800 is?

Or is it worth saving up more and getting a Macbook pro?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    you would get more components for your money if you buy a windows computer but if you are really going to get into editing then an apple would be more worthwhile in the long run but i will let you figure that out yourself. I always look on ebuyer when buying a new computer as they have great deals and their sales sometimes have amazing deals. If i was you i would look around computing websites and shops in the january sales to pick yourself up a really good bargain.

ReputationRep:
    Either a Mac or hp pav dv7000 (I have the hp)

ReputationRep:
    If you want to spend more money and get an inferior computer, get a Mac.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amime)
    Either a Mac or hp pav dv7000 (I have the hp)
    Apart from the face the cheapest mac may come down to around £700 - £750 .. and the cheapest mac will in no way be satisfactory for what he wants.

Ignore mac suggestions.

I recommend the Sony Vaio , you'll want a 15+ inch screen thus you either get the base F series model for £780.
    Or get either the 15" or 17" E series and do a bit of customising for what you want.

HP is also a good brand, look at those too if you wish.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.