Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    M32 - Tuition Fees Vote, Rt Hon. Thunder and JazzThis House condemns the manner in which the RL vote regarding tuition fees on 09/12/10 has been hurriedly pushed through Parliament.

ReputationRep:
    Ohyah, yah (general sounds of agreement.)

Aye.

ReputationRep:
      Aye.

ReputationRep:
      Aye

ReputationRep:
      Aye.

ReputationRep:
      Aye, the debate should have gone on for a longer time. Although I doubt that it would have changed the outcome

ReputationRep:
      Yeah.

ReputationRep:
      Aye.

ReputationRep:
      Aye

ReputationRep:
      Um, No.

What was rushed about it, which further points would ave been made, what would more time have done? Until any reasoning at all is given I see no reason to assert this. It seems as if because you don't like the result, you criticise the manner in which it was achieved. Odd.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by simontinsley)
      Um, No.

What was rushed about it, which further points would ave been made, what would more time have done? Until any reasoning at all is given I see no reason to assert this. It seems as if because you don't like the result, you criticise the manner in which it was achieved. Odd.
      I think you'll find a number of lib-con back benchesrs raised the same point as this motion in the house before it went to vote. Members of Parliament claimed they didn't even know what the circumstances would be when a university could charge £9,000 per year.

21 is a majority. I remember Tony Blair's one had a majority of 4.

I disagree with the policy, but I can't argue that it was "rushed".

ReputationRep:
        so has it actually been changed now?????????????

ReputationRep:
        Aye.

ReputationRep:
        Aye

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Shaniiqua)
        so has it actually been changed now?????????????
        And to think, this person registered just to post this.

Nay.

ReputationRep:
        Aye, a lot of policy is being rushed through - not only tuition fees. Perhaps the government is just enthusiastic, or perhaps they want to get as much through before their popularity starts to dwindle.
        • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
        They probably had to "rush" it through because the longer the debate was going on, the more stuff students were smashing up.

Nay.

ReputationRep:
        Nay.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.