The Student Room Group

HELP: I dropped out of IB and regret it

I dropped out of IB after 1 year to go to a local university through a special scheme.

Now I regret it so much and wish I'd stayed.

I don't know what to do.... I cannot be happy where I am now :frown: :frown: I feel like crying....

Is there any way of redoing IB or take exams?

I'm 17 years old as of now...is my life ruined ?
:frown::frown::frown::frown:
Reply 1
Calm down! Your life is not ruined, you're only 17 for God's sake!

If you truly regret dropping out of IB, then you could talk to your school and start from the first year again. That will give you a fresh start and hopefully things will work out. :smile:
The only time you can't redo IB/A Levels/GCSEs/Uni is when you're dead.
Reply 3
There's no way my old school will let me back in to do IB. I'd either have to go abroad to take A-levels or IB again, and spend an extra 2 years doing that.

Then, I'd have to apply to uni again and it may mean I can't go back to studying what I do now...

However it'd be in a different university altogether and I'd be much happier.

Is there a way to take A-levels by myself ? Fast ?
Private Candidate, yes you can! It's better to backtrack now, you don't lose much, rather than spending the next few years doing something you're unhappy with!
Original post by Danomind
There's no way my old school will let me back in to do IB. I'd either have to go abroad to take A-levels or IB again, and spend an extra 2 years doing that.

Then, I'd have to apply to uni again and it may mean I can't go back to studying what I do now...

However it'd be in a different university altogether and I'd be much happier.

Is there a way to take A-levels by myself ? Fast ?

There are private colleges out there where you can do alevels in one year. Its high paced and costs though
Reply 6
I'm so desperate to transfer universities or do something useful with my life that I enjoy.

Do you think I can stand a chance if I re-do A-levels at going to oxbridge ?
Reply 7
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
The only time you can't redo IB/A Levels/GCSEs/Uni is when you're dead.

True words.

Just start again next year ??

( Your avatar is hawwwwwwwt )
Original post by Kanonoji
True words.

Just start again next year ??

( Your avatar is hawwwwwwwt )

Reply 9
My parents are against me wasting 2 years to do A-levels and go backwards as I am IN university already.

Help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending