Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone Got Problems With Friends? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Recently I got in a row with one of my long term friends from my old secondary school about how I've changed since I've been at uni. Personally I think I've outgrown him but he thinks I've changed my whole personality to suit my new life, but he doesn't understand how people change when they get older and I think he's just jealous since he didnt get accepted into uni! Has anyone experienced this sort of situation and what other problems have people experienced in uni with friends?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i don't find it funny anymore

ReputationRep:
    theres become a big divide in my friends between those who went away to uni and those who stayed at home for uni
    initial reaction is to think its because they see each other all the time but its more than that, they havent matured, or changed at all since leaving college, they havent had to fend for themselves, mum and dad still do everything, even the ones that has moved out their parents still do their washing for them and they eat at home several times a week...
    but alot of my friends graduated this year so most who went away to uni are going to be moving back home wondering if they will have gone back to being the same when im home christmas.. x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my friend superglued his penis to my desk. It's getting a bit awkward when my girlfriend's around.

ReputationRep:
    Going to Uni is a life changing experience - its part of the reason many of us do it. I think there was a certain amount of jealousy from some of my friends who haven't gone to Uni and haven't had the experiences I have. But you take your choice....

ReputationRep:
    yer i don't have any best friends! I'm a very lonely, bitter, sad person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    Who's the sexy whore of that picture?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. People get over it tbh, just stop talking to them if you're not into them anymore. Life goes on.

ReputationRep:
    My best friend hardly talks to me anymore, she lives a while away and I've tried to make the effort, but when I went to visit her for the whole weekend she was really patronising, rude and attention seeking. I dunno if she was showing off but it really annoyed me so I've decided to stop making such an effort!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    Rep for sig

@OP

**** your friend TBH

Just leave them behind, people move on, people change, part of life...

ReputationRep:
    The problem is, I still kinda like my old friends and don't want to lose them, but at the same time I connect more with my new friends from uni, but in an intellectual way if you get me. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heavenly Duck)
    The problem is, I still kinda like my old friends and don't want to lose them, but at the same time I connect more with my new friends from uni, but in an intellectual way if you get me. What should I do?
    You shouldn't have to do anything seeing as your friends have developed at a different rate/way. They should accept you for who you are if they really are your friend.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.