Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most disappointing game of 2010?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Was just wondering what you guys thought and why?

I'll add a poll when I think of more options.

A few i've seen people mention on other threads were:

Fallout: New Vegas
    Gran Turismo 5 * (I have this myself and I quite like it)
    Kane & Lynch 2

Thoughts and games guys and girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayberay)
    Was just wondering what you guys thought and why?

I'll add a poll when I think of more options.

A few i've seen people mention on other threads were:

Fallout: New Vegas
    Gran Turismo 5
    Kane & Lynch 2

Thoughts and games guys and girl?
    I wouldn't say that Gran Turismo 5 was a "disappointment", per se. It just had the misfortune of being ridiculously over-hyped and couldn't quite live up to the hype, but the game itself (despite a few flaws here and there) is still very good.

F1 2010 is another that kind of fits that mould. Codemasters have a very good track record with developing racing games so people had high expectations for this game, only to be let down when the game was rushed out (probably so it could get sales in before GT5 was released) and had some very noticeable bugs which detracted from the gameplay. The game was decent, but definitely needs/needed a patch to fix those bugs.

Kane and Lynch 2 was very poorly received, but the original game wasn't that great either, so I'm not entirely sure if making a crap sequel to a crap game actually counts too much as it being a 'disappointment'

This isn't something I'd say often, but Football Manager 2011 is something of a disappointment due to bugs in it (particularly with regards to player interaction and the transfer market) that make it a nightmare to want to play for extended periods of time. FM fans are desperately hoping that the upcoming 11.2 patch will fix these bugs but for now there are a lot of people who are refusing to play the game until the patch comes out, and for the first time in years I'm one of them

There must be some flops from earlier in the year, but I'll have to get my thinking cap on to come up with names :p: I traditionally dislike threads like this (or the "best game of the year" sorts of thread) because they have a very strong tendency to be flooded with names of games that have been released within the past 2-3 months because those are fresh in people's minds. I want older crap games to be named and shamed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    I wouldn't say that Gran Turismo 5 was a "disappointment", per se. It just had the misfortune of being ridiculously over-hyped and couldn't quite live up to the hype, but the game itself (despite a few flaws here and there) is still very good.

F1 2010 is another that kind of fits that mould. Codemasters have a very good track record with developing racing games so people had high expectations for this game, only to be let down when the game was rushed out (probably so it could get sales in before GT5 was released) and had some very noticeable bugs which detracted from the gameplay. The game was decent, but definitely needs/needed a patch to fix those bugs.

Kane and Lynch 2 was very poorly received, but the original game wasn't that great either, so I'm not entirely sure if making a crap sequel to a crap game actually counts too much as it being a 'disappointment'

This isn't something I'd say often, but Football Manager 2011 is something of a disappointment due to bugs in it (particularly with regards to player interaction and the transfer market) that make it a nightmare to want to play for extended periods of time. FM fans are desperately hoping that the upcoming 11.2 patch will fix these bugs but for now there are a lot of people who are refusing to play the game until the patch comes out, and for the first time in years I'm one of them

There must be some flops from earlier in the year, but I'll have to get my thinking cap on to come up with names :p: I traditionally dislike threads like this (or the "best game of the year" sorts of thread) because they have a very strong tendency to be flooded with names of games that have been released within the past 2-3 months because those are fresh in people's minds. I want older crap games to be named and shamed
    Fair points. :thumbsup: - I'll repost a way better response when I get in.

ReputationRep:
    Halo Reach for sure.

ReputationRep:
    I actually found New Vegas to be really enjoyable; maybe I got lucky with the glitches. I still need to finish it, though.

I found that BioShock 2 was really disappointing. I was never expecting much as the ending to the first one didn't need a sequel, and its storyline would never live up to the original BioShock's standards, but I was still disappointed with it somehow, so much so I got bored of it and stopped playing it for a while before rushing through it to gather a few gamerpoints. Not to mention I was even more disappointed with the online play. It just seems broken and rushed, and gives unfair advantages out. :nn:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Prison Break: The Conspiracy...

ReputationRep:
    medal of honour was pretty ****

ReputationRep:
    force unleashed 2, but it was always going to be a long shot living up to the first one

ReputationRep:
    Hot pursuit 2010 is pretty disappointing as I was expecting more from it, but i still play it everyday lol

ReputationRep:
    Halo Reach. The game god damn sucks.

h1>h2>h3>hr

See the trend?

ReputationRep:
    Mafia 2 seemed to be receieved as such, but I'm enjoying it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Mafia 2 seemed to be receieved as such, but I'm enjoying it...
    Yes I loved Mafia 2 just thought maybe a bit more free-roaming/more missions would have made it perfect. Still loved it though, just over hyped.

ReputationRep:
    Naughty Bear was a pile of poop.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    New vegas was pretty good. I'd say Fable 3 was a bit of a disappointment. Force unleashed 2 was god awful it was like 4 missions.

ReputationRep:
    Prototype. Loads of hype and then it turns out to be utter ****e.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    Prototype was a 2009 game....:unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RIISE)
    Prototype was a 2009 game....:unsure:
    oh, well it was still ****e.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    I actually liked Prototype. Preferred inFamous over it as the 'GTA with superpowers' game though.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, I can't say that I'm too impressed with Final Fantasy XIII...having really enjoyed FF games in the past maybe I set my standards too high? I mean, the graphics are impressive but its just not as emotive or involving as the others in its series...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reelo)
    Sadly, I can't say that I'm too impressed with Final Fantasy XIII...having really enjoyed FF games in the past maybe I set my standards too high? I mean, the graphics are impressive but its just not as emotive or involving as the others in its series...

I also shared your dissapointment, it felt to arcade like and lacked story depth and character developement that was seen in games like FF10

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.