Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Having trouble with everything Watch

Please keep anon and feel free to move to right forum...

So, I am having trouble with everything at the moment. Basically, I work weekends however over the next 2 weeks I have been put on shifts everyday, but to make things complicated, I have jury service beginning next week for 2ish weeks. AND I have uni next week.

I told work that I had jury service next week and they said it was fine, took the dates I wouldn;t be able to work etc. Likewise with uni, I told the advice shop about it, asked if I needed to apply for mitigating circumstances.

However, today work phoned me and asked why I wasnt in all this week and I replied I had uni and only work weekends, seemed to be settled, until I reminded them I had jury duty. According to them I hadn't told them about my jury service, and its policy to fire any one who misses prolonged periods of work. This has totally thrown me. I told them I couldn't work and now it seems like they are threatening to fire me!

I have no idea what to do. I phoned the university advice shop to see if they can help or offer advice. And I get told that I should have informed work earlier and actually, I should have told the uni. I did! I told everyone, and now I am expected to be at uni, work and jury service all next week and I can't physically do it?

What am I meant to do?!?!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.