The Student Room Group

UCAS Similarity Detection Service Alert???

Just got a ucas similarity report email saying that there are passages of my personal statement that match other personal statements submitted to ucas. I went to my personal ucas tracker and it says 58% of the sentences are similar does this mean that i will be rejected from all the unis i have applied to?
not necessarily, but they will be informed.
You will still be considered, but UCAS will pass the information onto the universities. So the chance of an offer has probably decreased. Expect the worse though, 58% is a lot.

Did you copy someone elses personal statement or something?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
58% is a lot to be similar, so you may find yourself being rejected. Did you look at other personal statements for inspiration and perhaps end up copying them? How soon after sending your application away did you receive this report?
Reply 4
Original post by cocakolo
Just got a ucas similarity report email saying that there are passages of my personal statement that match other personal statements submitted to ucas. I went to my personal ucas tracker and it says 58% of the sentences are similar does this mean that i will be rejected from all the unis i have applied to?

58% is a helluva lot. But, if you're sure you didn't copy anyone else's, maybe someone copied yours? In either case, your universities will not be impressed to say the least.
Reply 5
did you go through the last ucas cycle and re-used your own personal statement?
Reply 6
How can you find out what percentage you have?

I want to know mine just out of curiosity lol
Reply 7
no this is my first time applying and i didnt copy off anyone else's so is there anything i can do at this point like withdrawing my application and changing my statement or would that mean i would have to wait till next year to apply?
no this is my first time applying and i didnt copy off anyone else's so is there anything i can do at this point like withdrawing my application and changing my statement or would that mean i would have to wait till next year to apply?

maybe you have a twin brother that was jealous of you and can read your brain :s-smilie:

58% is a hell of a lot. If what you say is true you must have let someone see yours who got their application in before you.
Original post by hypocriticaljap
If what you say is true you must have let someone see yours who got their application in before you.

Probably this.
Reply 11
how do you even check ?

Are you sure you didn't send your PS to anyone? Lend anyone it for reference?

58 percent is very very high. And I'm finding it hard to believe that this happened by accident.
Reply 13
How soon after you sent the application in did you get this report?
Had you already got conformation that your application was being considered before you got this?
Reply 15
Can't you appeal it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending