Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Really struggling to motivate myself to do my coursework Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Recently I've had a fudge load of work to do and it's been stressing me out, recently I got this really hard assignment to do with a week to do it in (it's due next Thursday), I'm sat here trying to do it now but I just can't motivate myself. Not only that but the thought keeps going through my mind of "what's the point". To be honest I kind of feel everything in my life is pretty crappy right now, I've been single far to long and it's making me feel lonely, especially around Christmas which is like the worst time to be single, I'm also pretty much skint right now so I can't go out and enjoy myself which makes the whole stress thing worse. On top of that it's Christmas so I'm worrying about not being able to buy presents or enjoy my time at home (because I have no money). Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest, any help would be nice while I attempt this damn essay again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leard)
    Recently I've had a fudge load of work to do and it's been stressing me out, recently I got this really hard assignment to do with a week to do it in (it's due next Thursday), I'm sat here trying to do it now but I just can't motivate myself. Not only that but the thought keeps going through my mind of "what's the point". To be honest I kind of feel everything in my life is pretty crappy right now, I've been single far to long and it's making me feel lonely, especially around Christmas which is like the worst time to be single, I'm also pretty much skint right now so I can't go out and enjoy myself which makes the whole stress thing worse. On top of that it's Christmas so I'm worrying about not being able to buy presents or enjoy my time at home (because I have no money). Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest, any help would be nice while I attempt this damn essay again.
    I'm in the exact same position as you at the moment! So much going on now that it's christmas, pure worrying. And yeah I've a **** load of coursework to be doing, but it's really daunting to start it because there is so much to do, in such a short space of time Would really like some constructive advice of this aswell please!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irishmonkey1992)
    I'm in the exact same position as you at the moment! So much going on now that it's christmas, pure worrying. And yeah I've a **** load of coursework to be doing, but it's really daunting to start it because there is so much to do, in such a short space of time Would really like some constructive advice of this aswell please!

I'm also feeling exactly the same as you guys at the moment whilst doing my A levels. I've got coursework and retakes to worry about and there's so much work, yet I just can't bring myself to do it. It's like the more work I get, the more I want to avoid it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misscadbury6)
    I'm also feeling exactly the same as you guys at the moment whilst doing my A levels. I've got coursework and retakes to worry about and there's so much work, yet I just can't bring myself to do it. It's like the more work I get, the more I want to avoid it
    Sympthise with you soooo much! In my last year of A-Level's, and yeah... they are slowly killing me. Just consisently avoiding the coursework and time is ticking away

ReputationRep:
    I don't have this problem at all. Because my motivation just tends to be the sooner I get something done, the sooner I can relax and enjoy Christmas.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with a single Christmas :rolleyes: what about family? not everything is about relationships you know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misscadbury6)
    That's why you should start as soon as you get it, before it starts to build up.

And the purpose of neg rep was what? The OP asked for advice, I gave it to him. Do you work before it builds up.

I know neg rep means nothing, but I don't like it, it's so negative. Why can't people be positive and happy? :sad: Haha you poor people. Ah well, if that's the kind of attitude you want then that is fine :yep: I just feel sorry for you.

ReputationRep:
    Same position, I have an essay two lab reports a presentation and a portfolio to do. I just can't motivate myself to do it even though I know I don't have long...sometimes it hits me and i panic then half an hour later i'm back to my usual self

ReputationRep:
    U REALLY NEED TO WORK HARD SO THAT NEXT YEAR U WILL BE LOOKING BACK WITH A SMILE. Take a walk and come back and do your work. Hard work pays at last. feelings they come and go so please dnt do that to yrselves all tha will be in the past wen u enjoy the fruits of yr sweat. if u hv gt nothing to give be honest and no one will blame u. as long u hv gt friends and family's luv and u give back nothing matters -thats hw i feel u shld do. gope it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    That's why you should start as soon as you get it, before it starts to build up.

And the purpose of neg rep was what? The OP asked for advice, I gave it to him. Do you work before it builds up.

I know neg rep means nothing, but I don't like it, it's so negative. Why can't people be positive and happy? :sad:
    I start work as soon as I get it but it's important to prioritise and it gets so that I start having to put things on hold to meet other deadlines etc etc, and that it how it builds up. So that solution doesn't exactly work.

ReputationRep:
    Your life sounds a lot like mine... :sigh:

You just gotta do it. Think of the relief when it's over, and hopefully the happiness you'll feel when you get a good grade.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.