Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Transformers 3 Trailer Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://transformers-3-movie-trailer....3-trailer.html

Seems good, eh? What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    It's Michael Bay. I find it very difficult to get excited.

Worth a rent.

ReputationRep:
    Is Transformers 3 a prequel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cuckoo91)
    Sequel and it's a teaser

A proper Trailer's out on Wednesday officially (: *around 11pm UK time I think, still won't be the final trailer of course, that'll be out in like February or March

but from the little we do see, it looks awesome. Love the sound effects in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Sequel and it's a teaser

A proper Trailer's out on Wednesday officially (: *around 11pm UK time I think, still won't be the final trailer of course, that'll be out in like February or March

Ah, clearly you are a man who knows his trailers!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, not another crappy transformers film!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cuckoo91)
    This was my reaction when i saw this a few says ago.

ReputationRep:
    Sequel and it's a teaser

Woo, someone else who's excited about it! TSR seems to not like it. Shame considering it's quite awesome imo.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Tbh Im skeptical of the trailers. The last one made Transformers 2 seem so good then itwas just a ail

ReputationRep:
    woo hooo.... more robots hitting each other.....

can't wait.........

ReputationRep:
    Well, all involved seem to admit Transformers 2 is crap. So that means they could be admitting their mistakes and making a film that will do the concept justice... or it could mean they're relying on the 'monkeys on a typewriter' rule of sequels. :/ I'm undecided.

(Original post by a_t)
    woo hooo.... more robots hitting each other.....

can't wait.........
    Word is that the bad robots are attacking people this time. TOTALLY different from robots hitting each other :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    Well, all involved seem to admit Transformers 2 is crap. So that means they could be admitting their mistakes and making a film that will do the concept justice... or it could mean they're relying on the 'monkeys on a typewriter' rule of sequels. :/ I'm undecided.

Word is that the bad robots are attacking people this time. TOTALLY different from robots hitting each other :p:
    Yeah but its Michael Bay.... The guys a ****ing moron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Yeah but its Michael Bay.... The guys a ****ing moron
    No arguing with that. Up there with Paul WS Anderson for worst director of all time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JChoudhry)
    Woo, someone else who's excited about it! TSR seems to not like it. Shame considering it's quite awesome imo.
    Yesss. Ah well, cos of the whole internet fuelled anti - Michael Bay sentiment, he does make brainless action flicks with a lack of substance to the plot buuut they're entertaining ultimately so who cares

I'm a big fan of MBs' Transformers films, I wonder what people watching his Transformer films' go expecting, a high quality drama with a really good story and complex characters? They are films about giant transforming alien robots after all

ReputationRep:
    Yesss. Ah well, cos of the whole internet fuelled anti - Michael Bay sentiment, he does make brainless action flicks with a lack of substance to the plot buuut they're entertaining ultimately so who cares

I'm a big fan of MBs' Transformers films, I wonder what people watching his Transformer films' go expecting, a high quality drama with a really good story and complex characters? They are films about giant transforming alien robots after all
    Exactly!I go to watch transformers to see some kickass robots, the point of transformers isn't the complex characters and/or plot!

ReputationRep:

I loved the first one, but the second film was just too long with too much down-time. If they started the film where Shia starts off in college (i.e. half an hour into the film), it would have been fine. But in it's theatrical release it seemed like they hadn't edited the film at all. People shouldn't be yawning and checking their watches during a brainless action film!

So really, it's less "what did the audience expect?" and more "What kind of film did the director think Transformers is?".
    Brainless action films are NOT 2 and a half hours long

ReputationRep:
    No arguing with that. Up there with Paul WS Anderson for worst director of all time...
    Not to be confused with Paul Thomas Anderson of course, one of my favourite modern directors :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Lol transformers film series sucks so bad,

The second one was prob the worst film i've ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    I loved the first one, but the second film was just too long with too much down-time. If they started the film where Shia starts off in college (i.e. half an hour into the film), it would have been fine. But in it's theatrical release it seemed like they hadn't edited the film at all. People shouldn't be yawning and checking their watches during a brainless action film!

So really, it's less "what did the audience expect?" and more "What kind of film did the director think Transformers is?".
    Brainless action films are NOT 2 and a half hours long
    hmm I think most people think that Transformers > Transformers revenge of the fallen for whatever reason, I agree that number 2 was a bit rushed, especially the ending - it wasn't fleshed out at all and the actual transformers' characters weren't developed unlike the first film. The runtime I didn't have an issue with but you make a good point there actually, it did drag on at some points

It didn't focus individually on the autobots and their characters apart from Jetfire which was lame, I wanted to see a bit of a backstory / more conversation with Jolt, Sideswipe etc cos they were awesome characters, instead we just got 'racial' banter from Skids and mudflap, we got proper conversation and a sense of comaraderie, banter etc in the first film with Ratchet, Ironhide, Optimus and Jazz which was just lacking in Revenge of the fallen

And it was a bit of a deus ex machina ending, Optipmus gets the matrix of leadership thing, gets a random upgrade, ends megatron and all his lackies almost straight away - Decepticons just dissapear / get destroyed - cut to end scene - the end, that really annoyed me, way too rushed

ReputationRep:
    This one doesn't have a Linkin Park song or Megan Fox so I think I'll pass.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.