The Student Room Group

Sociology - AQA Unit 4 - Crime and Deviance and Research Methods Jan 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Heleng1991
Yup same I sat the exam last year and stupidly agreed to resit, but hey I didn't revise loads last year and passed, I think the best thing to do is just focus on you weak spots get a few theorists drilled into your head and just be calm!

Hmm, lets just see how it goes eh... I am really not feeling it though.
Original post by SeekingBromance
It's really important to get a good sleep more than anything...

Not necessarily, it works for some people and not for others. I'm a person who would fail if I crammed and went to bed, but if I crammed all night and sat an exam in the morning... Sure I just read that exact topic a matter of hours ago, therefore better recall.

I did all nighters for my units in Family & Households and Education with Research Methods. I got middle B's for each of them and If I had of slept no way in hell would I get a C!
Original post by Irishmonkey1992
Not necessarily, it works for some people and not for others. I'm a person who would fail if I crammed and went to bed, but if I crammed all night and sat an exam in the morning... Sure I just read that exact topic a matter of hours ago, therefore better recall.

I did all nighters for my units in Family & Households and Education with Research Methods. I got middle B's for each of them and If I had of slept no way in hell would I get a C!

^ this.

I'll be up all night thinking about the exam anyway haha! :frown:
Just relax, its just an exam, not the end of the world :P You can always resit in Summer anyway :biggrin:
Just relax, its just an exam, not the end of the world :P You can always resit in Summer anyway :biggrin:

I DONT WANT TO RESIT

But I probs will :tongue:

If I don't get into my firmed Course + Uni, I will die! Lol So yeah it is thee end lol Bit overdramatic, but thats how i'm feeling right now. It would be stupid to fail this now and have to repeat it in June. June papers are a last chance! If you fail them too, you're done for... lol No pressure like
Reply 146
Is anyone else getting worried? :frown:
Original post by Jade2009

Have you not read any of my posts? :wink: Yeah I am pretty worried.
Reply 148
Original post by teaandcoffee
Have you not read any of my posts? :wink: Yeah I am pretty worried.

Haha, yeah I have. I think I'm going to do a bit of cramming now and then just get an early night! Good luck for tomorrow :smile:
I never realised sociology could be so hard LOL
Reply 150
on the upside were the lucky ones who can resit- can u imagine doing this exam in june knowing that you couldnt resit
is the religion 1 not supposed to be that bad does anyone know?

this is killing me i dont think i can learn anymore so far ive only done functionalism and strain theory, labelling and the marxist and neo marxism for crime hahaha so ive done loads like. really dreading this test.....finding it soooooo hard to learn for it because i actually dont understand anything that im learning :frown:
OHMYGOD.

I have decided to give you updates on my cramming revision.

In 10 minutes I will start Ethnicity and Gender.
OHMYGOD.

I have decided to give you updates on my cramming revision.

In 10 minutes I will start Ethnicity and Gender.

You're revising stuff that's come up in past exams?
You're revising stuff that's come up in past exams?

Are you suggesting that the same things won't come up definitely? As I think that is a risk I will not take :wink:

Also - anything I miss when I have revised ALWAYS comes up in exams, so better off to revise it :biggrin:
Are you suggesting that the same things won't come up definitely? As I think that is a risk I will not take :wink:

Also - anything I miss when I have revised ALWAYS comes up in exams, so better off to revise it :biggrin:

Well, a question on females committing crime (Gender) came up in June..and I've never been in a situation where something that came up in a past exam has come up in mine :smile:
Well, a question on females committing crime (Gender) came up in June..and I've never been in a situation where something that came up in a past exam has come up in mine :smile:

lol funnily enough whenever I have done the same as you it has gone against me :tongue:

so I will play it safe and revise it :tongue:
lol funnily enough whenever I have done the same as you it has gone against me :tongue:

so I will play it safe and revise it :tongue:

Fair Do's:wink:
Original post by Jade2009

Meeeeeee:frown:
Can anyone please explain to me what 'inductive reasoning' is? Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending