Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem.

Basically my school told me that a-level results were definitely 100% NOT CASHED IN, and my tutor wrote it on my reference. I was told that I had to put down the grade of the AS that I had completed and none of the others - I argued against this because it gave the impression that that was cashed in, but they wouldn't let me send it off unless I did what they told me.

My a-level certificates arrived the other day, which means my grades were cashed in after all. I feel awful now because I feel like I'm lying whatever I do - if I take my certificates to my interviews, I'll look like I've been lying to cover up my grades (which weren't the best tbh), and if I don't take my certificates (which my school told me to do) I might get found out and be in big trouble! I'm so worried

Help me please!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh noes! :o)
    I have a problem.

Basically my school told me that a-level results were definitely 100% NOT CASHED IN, and my tutor wrote it on my reference. I was told that I had to put down the grade of the AS that I had completed and none of the others - I argued against this because it gave the impression that that was cashed in, but they wouldn't let me send it off unless I did what they told me.

My a-level certificates arrived the other day, which means my grades were cashed in after all. I feel awful now because I feel like I'm lying whatever I do - if I take my certificates to my interviews, I'll look like I've been lying to cover up my grades (which weren't the best tbh), and if I don't take my certificates (which my school told me to do) I might get found out and be in big trouble! I'm so worried

Help me please!
    Honesty is the best policy.

If the school told you they didn't cash them in, that's the best you knew. You have no way of finding out if they were cashed in independent of asking somebody at school. It is the school's fault, not yours. If you lie about it now (i.e. don't take the certificates), then it becomes your problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Honesty is the best policy.

If the school told you they didn't cash them in, that's the best you knew. You have no way of finding out if they were cashed in independent of asking somebody at school. It is the school's fault, not yours. If you lie about it now (i.e. don't take the certificates), then it becomes your problem.
    Thanks for the reply

I also had an interview the other week before my certificates arrived, and they asked for documentation if I had it. What do you think I should do?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh noes! :o)
    Thanks for the reply

I also had an interview the other week before my certificates arrived, and they asked for documentation if I had it. What do you think I should do?
    They asked for documentation at the interview? You didn't have it then, so it's fine. You can email and say you've received them now, if you want.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.