Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!!

I've noticed that nobody has started a history thread for UCL yet, so here goes!!!

It's my first choice, and I keep obsessing about it, so let's just keep each other updated on how far along the application UCL is...

I submitted my application on october 15, so far I've only gotten an acknowledgement email, what about you guys??

ReputationRep:
    I've only got a confirmation email but does anyone know when we actually find out whether we got in?? Where else are you applying btw?

ReputationRep:
    what course have you applied for? i sent my UCAS on the 6th of october, and i got sent an acknowledgment, then a questionnaire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toofaforu)
    what course have you applied for? i sent my UCAS on the 6th of october, and i got sent an acknowledgment, then a questionnaire.
    When did you get a confirmation of UCL receving your questionnaire? I sent mine back on the 7th of this month and haven't heard a thing! I don't want to contact them as it says explicitly in the email not to, but it also says that they would reply within a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safcal93)
    When did you get a confirmation of UCL receving your questionnaire? I sent mine back on the 7th of this month and haven't heard a thing! I don't want to contact them as it says explicitly in the email not to, but it also says that they would reply within a week.
    about four days later. received my rejection the other day. feedback: 'assessment task wasnt good enough' - goes to show completing their questionnaire in an hour isnt the best thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toofaforu)
    about four days later. received my rejection the other day. feedback: 'assessment task wasnt good enough' - goes to show completing their questionnaire in an hour isnt the best thing to do.
    Why did you do it in an hour if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Why did you do it in an hour if you dont mind me asking?
    course not. and cos i thought the deadline was friday (as a lot of other peoples were), but it was actually wednesday.discovered only on thursday that it was for a day ago...so just rushed it and did it as fast as i could.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing people have got replies, I found out yesterday that I got in - pretty over the moon!!! Anyone else hear anything?

ReputationRep:
    I sent my questionnaire away on december 8th and didn't get the confirmation within a week so i e-mailed them and turns out they have a new head of History applications and they have only been back to work since january fourth so I am hoping to get good news soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davey Mags)
    I sent my questionnaire away on december 8th and didn't get the confirmation within a week so i e-mailed them and turns out they have a new head of History applications and they have only been back to work since january fourth so I am hoping to get good news soon.
    Exactly the same here. You'd think they'd send emails to those who sent their questionnaires back when the job changes were happening.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same here. You'd think they'd send emails to those who sent their questionnaires back when the job changes were happening.
    Yea but it will b the same process all the same. Wer u happy with your questionnaire? How did your AS grades go?

ReputationRep:
    What were the questions on your questionnaire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davey Mags)
    Yea but it will b the same process all the same. Wer u happy with your questionnaire? How did your AS grades go?
    Happy as far as I don't think I could have done much more, so it's just fingers crossed now. I was pretty confident in comparing the history books, and the historical debate question, but the first question on why I want to study there wasn't brilliant. I got A's in History, English and Politics but got a U in Maths which I didn't include in my UCAS form.

ReputationRep:
    Any idea how long it takes to hear back after submitting the V100 questionaire?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxson)
    Any idea how long it takes to hear back after submitting the V100 questionaire?
    No idea. Hope its soon though - the wait is frustrating. When did you return ur questionnaire? 7th December for me

ReputationRep:
    No idea. Hope its soon though - the wait is frustrating. When did you return ur questionnaire? 7th December for me
    Hmmm 2 months??? I only sent mine off 3 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in exactly the same boat. I'm not really feeling too confident any more.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, great idea to start a specific thread for UCL History!
    I sent off my Questionnaire on December 7th or 8th I think; I didn't get confirmation until at least a month later but I received an offer on 28th January. I went to a History open day on Wednesday and there wasn't very many there, so they certainly havn't filled all 90 places yet so don't worry! I thought I wanted to go to Warwick (still havn't heard from them) but having visited last week, I think UCL is the one! Not even considering my LSE offer now. Fingers crossed for all you guys who've applied and havn't yet heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeeDerrett)
    Hey everyone, great idea to start a specific thread for UCL History!
    I sent off my Questionnaire on December 7th or 8th I think; I didn't get confirmation until at least a month later but I received an offer on 28th January. I went to a History open day on Wednesday and there wasn't very many there, so they certainly havn't filled all 90 places yet so don't worry! I thought I wanted to go to Warwick (still havn't heard from them) but having visited last week, I think UCL is the one! Not even considering my LSE offer now. Fingers crossed for all you guys who've applied and havn't yet heard
    Ahh **** same here. Hopefully no news is good news. I was quite annoyed at the changeover of admissions personnel - I dont know if you had the same experience. I had to email them to get a confirmation of their reciept of my questionnaire. Hopefully thats what has delayed it.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for the V104 course?
    I got accepted onto it in December. I've been looking at Toronto and Penn and they look amazing.
    For the questionnaire I chose to compare "Ordinary Men" by Browning and "Marianne in Chains" by Gildea.
    I think the important thing is to identify the Historians aim in writing their work and then comparing and contrasting. Choosing not overtly similar books helps a great deal. I discussed the idea of good in both works, as that, I believe, is both of the historians aims to a certain extent.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.