Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Despite Vodafone releasing 2.2 to their customers a couple of months ago, owners of unbranded, sim-free Legend's have been left high and dry - UNTIL TODAY!

Had to check for the update manually do if you're waiting for an update don't rely on the update service to let you know it's there.

=D

ReputationRep:
    This could have been such a popular phone. HTC botched it up with that stupid exclusivity deal. They were never really pushing it tbf...

Hope your phone runs better on 2.2.

ReputationRep:
    I update about a month ago on my Legend. I got a beeping at about 6am in the morning telling me it was available :0
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    This could have been such a popular phone. HTC botched it up with that stupid exclusivity deal. They were never really pushing it tbf...

Hope your phone runs better on 2.2.
    Wait Branded got it before unbranded :lolwut:. Oh and HTC slowed production because of Amoled shortage, decided to focus more on Desire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Wait Branded got it before unbranded :lolwut:. Oh and HTC slowed production because of Amoled shortage, decided to focus more on Desire.
    yep. no jokes. Caused quite alot of anger among those who had spent more on the handset to get it unbranded

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    That doesn't make sense because the Desire suffered the same shortage, i.e they could've switched to LCD.
    The problem with the Legend was HTC didn't push it. It was, just like the Magic, on a silly exclusivity deal with Vodafone and overpriced at that-- typically it cost the same as a Desire at £25/month on contract. Which would you buy?
    Strange why they did that though, considering the design is superior to the Desire, and the size is closer to the iPhone (better for most people).

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't make sense because the Desire suffered the same shortage, i.e they could've switched to LCD.
    The problem with the Legend was HTC didn't push it. It was, just like the Magic, on a silly exclusivity deal with Vodafone and overpriced at that-- typically it cost the same as a Desire at £25/month on contract. Which would you buy?
    Strange why they did that though, considering the design is superior to the Desire, and the size is closer to the iPhone (better for most people).
    I got my Legend at £20 a month for 300 mins, unlimted texts, 1GB internet and unlimited WI-FI. Its a 18 month contract, but I can renew after 15 months

(Original post by TheCasual)
      I got my Legend at £20 a month for 300 mins, unlimted texts, 1GB internet and unlimited WI-FI. Its a 18 month contract, but I can renew after 15 months
      lol, unlimited Wi-Fi

ReputationRep:
      I got my Legend for £20 a month with 300 mins, unlimted texts, 1GB of data and unlimted WI-FI on A 18 month contract and I can renew after 15 months

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TheCasual)
      I got my Legend for £20 a month with 300 mins, unlimted texts, 1GB of data and unlimted WI-FI on A 18 month contract and I can renew after 15 months
      That's a good deal. Was it retentions?
      Standard deals from Vodafone (the only operator offering it) were no less than £25/month for a very long time. That was the same as the Desire at the time and therefore a bit of a crap deal for a lesser specced phone.

Does unlimited Wi-Fi have a limit? Thats the BT Cloud thingy I presume. I've never used that, must be quicker than 3g.

ReputationRep:
      That's a good deal. Was it retentions?
      Standard deals from Vodafone (the only operator offering it) were no less than £25/month for a very long time. That was the same as the Desire at the time and therefore a bit of a crap deal for a lesser specced phone.

Does unlimited Wi-Fi have a limit? Thats the BT Cloud thingy I presume. I've never used that, must be quicker than 3g.
      No I was on o2 before, but they wanted £45 a month for the Desire on a 18 month contract.

I'm not sure about the unlimted WI-FI, but i've never gone more then £2-£3 over.

ReputationRep:
      I got mine on vodafone but through another company for £25/month with 600 mins unlimited texts and 500mb of web and the phone was free. When I was looking the same deal for the desire was £30/month and to use the desire i had to hold it with one hand and use the touch screen with the other because it was so big but t=with the legend i can use it comfortably with one hand

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.