Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, how do you react to a charm offensive by a man.......? Watch

Announcements

Two questions:-

1) Do you like enjoy being charmed?
    2) What do you think your chances are of coming away uncharmed from a charm offensive?

ReputationRep:
    Is this the 2nd Batallion Charm Offensive as proposed by Churchill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Is this the 2nd Batallion Charm Offensive as proposed by Churchill?
    I'm afraid that one went AWOL

ReputationRep:
    If it's their boyfriend, they find it amusing.
    If it's a stranger, they find it creepy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm flattered, and react in a friendly jokey manner, but if they try to go too far I tell them I'm married (which is true) and therefore not up for whatever they're suggesting.

ReputationRep:
    What's a charm offensive? :/

ReputationRep:
    Surely it depends on how charming the charm in question is and to a lesser but not unimportant extent, how good looking the charmer is.

Most girls know when they are being charmed but they will know whether the guy has 'got it' or not, if he comes over as being naturally likeable then they will probably enjoy the attention even if they don't physically fancy him. If he hasn't quite got it but thinks he does then they will probably make their excuses and leave so as not to stand there awkwardly.

ReputationRep:
    :cookie:I find it amusing.

Then I politely say that I have to go, before it gets anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Need to add a little explanation to "charm offensive".
    It depends entirely on the setting, the man, the mood and the "move" he makes. If it's a stranger on the street, it's always a no.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.