Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to uni next year to study Psychology and all of my 5 choices offer the course I want without needing any science subjects as entry requirements.

I took Psychology AS... but dropped it for A2 - shall I include my AS Psychology grade on my application and include a full explanation in my personal statement on why I dropped it to convince them that I am interested in the subject?

OR shall I just put my three A2 subjects on my application and not mention it in my personal statement?

(It'll be harder to get in if they think there's a chance that I'll dislike the course and drop out?)

Advice pleaseeee?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Why did you drop it?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to do it at uni if you don't even like it/are good enough at it to continue it to A2??

ReputationRep:
    I think you should mention your As grade if it was good. No need to write about 'why you dropped it', actually, whatever you do; DO NO write why you dropped it. Have a good excuse about why incase you get asked in an interview, but don't bother mentioning it on your UCAS/PS because it really would be a waste of space. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char2231)
    I'm going to uni next year to study Psychology and all of my 5 choices offer the course I want without needing any science subjects as entry requirements.

I took Psychology AS... but dropped it for A2 - shall I include my AS Psychology grade on my application and include a full explanation in my personal statement on why I dropped it to convince them that I am interested in the subject?

OR shall I just put my three A2 subjects on my application and not mention it in my personal statement?

(It'll be harder to get in if they think there's a chance that I'll dislike the course and drop out?)

Advice pleaseeee?

Cheers
    hey, i was going to drop psychology at AS too (because of the teacher) but ended up sticking it out because i want to do it at uni, i'd say don't bother writing it on, if your 5 choices say you don't need it, then don't. and your personal statement should be convincing enough to the admitions team that you really are interested in studing the subject etc...

good luck

ReputationRep:
    errr... you have to put down all your grades....

ReputationRep:
    I would put it down as an AS unless you got a U.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.