Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No matter what mascara I use, it ALWAYS manages to smudge so I was thinking of getting clear mascara. Has anyone used it? Does it actually make any kind of difference?

EDIT: Ooops, I didn't mean to post this in Clothes and Accessories!

ReputationRep:
    I used clear mascara at school, and recently brought some for my PGCE interview.
    It works best if you dye your eyelashes..it's really simple,and Superdrug have some great cheap kits. You will need to do this every 4-6 weeks.
    However I have used it recently on my undyed lashes, and it just helps to give them definition, although it doesnt not add length/volume. When I use it I apply normal mascara to the very base of my lashes, or line the lid with a brown pencil to define the upper lid, then apply the clear mascara to the whole lash.

Collection 2000 do a clear mascara for approx £1.99, so try buying one of those and experimenting... Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaime1986)
    I used clear mascara at school, and recently brought some for my PGCE interview.
    It works best if you dye your eyelashes..it's really simple,and Superdrug have some great cheap kits. You will need to do this every 4-6 weeks.
    However I have used it recently on my undyed lashes, and it just helps to give them definition, although it doesnt not add length/volume. When I use it I apply normal mascara to the very base of my lashes, or line the lid with a brown pencil to define the upper lid, then apply the clear mascara to the whole lash.

Collection 2000 do a clear mascara for approx £1.99, so try buying one of those and experimenting... Have fun!
    I think I'll skip the dye, my eyelashes are black anyway! Thanks though, I might just buy it and see what it's like

ReputationRep:
    I used it when I was younger but I don't think it makes that much of a difference to be honest. Have you tried waterproof mascara? I can't wear normal mascara as it always smudges but waterproof is good

ReputationRep:
    I used to use it because I hated the clumpy black bits you get with black/brown mascara. At least, that was before I realised that £4 mascara really isn't worth it! I have quite fine lashes and I found it did make them look longer and fuller, without looking 'fake'. If you have thick, dark lashes, I'm sure it will work well.

ReputationRep:
    Waterproof is good but only if you're not a fiddler. I always end up picking it off and the little flakes of it end up under my eye.
    Clear doesn't do much but I have quite fair, short eyelashes that go really blonde at the tips, so I go for full on volumising curling mascara or my eyes just disappear haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Sparkles)
    I used it when I was younger but I don't think it makes that much of a difference to be honest. Have you tried waterproof mascara? I can't wear normal mascara as it always smudges but waterproof is good
    Yeah, I've tried waterproof and it's not that- I don't think I rub my eyes either. Maybe I just blink really hard? :confused:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 10, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.