Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

20 year old student admitted to hospital with bleeding on the brain Watch

ReputationRep:
    after being beaten by a policeman, lucky to be alive

poor old Prince big ears though , his bentley got splattered with paint

ReputationRep:
    Two things...

Why is he bleeding on the brain? I don't understand how he is bleeding on the brain. Is he missing the top half of his skull?

Secondly, link please.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    For all you know he could of been one of the morons throwing flares at police. Or trying to ram police with a fence. Your trying to use this at as an argument against the police yet I doubt you know the full situation.

ReputationRep:
    Link please.

If it is true, you won't be seeing it on the BBC news - they'll just report exaggerated superficial injuries of policemen for propaganda.

EDIT: Yes, okay I got this wrong :rolleyes:, but it won't be covered as much as the royal car getting attacked which is quite wrong tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)
    Two things...

Why is he bleeding on the brain? I don't understand how he is bleeding on the brain. Is he missing the top half of his skull?

Secondly, link please.
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...th_A_Truncheon

ReputationRep:
    Heard this on news, apparently he suffered large internal bleeding in his brain.

Hope he makes a swift recovery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    For all you know he could of been one of the morons throwing flares at police. Or trying to ram police with a fence. Your trying to use this at as an argument against the police yet I doubt you know the full situation.
    I'm surprised he didn't open his post with "Ian Tomlinson" or "Charles de Menezes".

As that seems to be standard with the anti-police posters.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mellie220)
    Link please.

If it is true, you won't be seeing it on the BBC news - they'll just report exaggerated superficial injuries of policemen for propaganda.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11967098

(Original post by Duncan Idaho)
      after being beaten by a policeman, lucky to be alive

poor old Prince big ears though , his bentley got splattered with paint
      According to the student representative on Sky News this morning, many of the students were taken to hospital with things like broken fingers etc. caused by police brutality.

We tend not to hear about anything other than police injuries so this news was pretty surprising.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by mellie220)
      Link please.

I need a smiley that depicts someone eating their words.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by W.H.T)
      Heard this on news, apparently he suffered large internal bleeding in his brain.

Hope he makes a swift recovery
      Me too. Under EU law, if he dies and the force used against him by the police was not anything more than absolutely necessary, then the policeman as an agent of the United Kingdom implicates the state as a whole.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      "The policeman offered to get him an ambulance but he was in shock and didn't know how serious it was."

From the BBC.

(Original post by Teaddict)
        Two things...

Secondly, link please.
        Brain bleeds can be caused by being hit with a blunt instrument...such as a police baton. Not that I'm saying it was...but it's one of the reasons.

ReputationRep:
        If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen - his choice.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Potally_Tissed)

I need a smiley that depicts someone eating their words.
        :P Well, it won't be on the national TV report I should imagine.

I'll probably be eating them words later on mind you...
        • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by yawn)
        According to the student representative on Sky News this morning, many of the students were taken to hospital with things like broken fingers etc. caused by police brutality.

We tend not to hear about anything other than police injuries so this news was pretty surprising.
        Yeah police brutality. I saw the protesters being hit on the fingers by clubs. Guess what they were doing?

Trying to ram a piece of fencing into police lines.

Idiot

ReputationRep:
        Had it coming to him.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Eloades11)
        stupid guy deserved it for rioting then, we cant just let people like him smash up things without getting what they deserve.
        yes, how dare he participate in a protest against government policy

ReputationRep:
        If the guy wasn't doing anything, he was more than likely standing next to one of the morons attacking the police. In which case, it's unlikely you could avoid getting hit. Either way, there is not enough information to work out what happened. I'm sure in due course we will found out more details

ReputationRep:
        Shouldn't have played with fire.

The risk was there, the riot became violent and sadly people got hurt.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.