Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Grrrr I'm stuck on picking 5 choices for law :S help please Watch

ReputationRep:
    Exeter streatham and cornwall campus, UEA, Reading, Surrey, Nott Trent and Sheffield

I'm predicted ABB i think and at present I have..
    Exeter Cornwall -- ABB
    Reading -- AAB
    Surrey -- ABB
    Nott Trent -- BBB
    Sheffield -- AAB (law with criminology)

Will going for sheffield (with criminilogy combined) be a waste since my PS is soley focused on straight law?
    Will there be more or less competition?

I heard UEA are quite kind come results day and take a few people in who fail to meet inital requirements. (stroke of luck, i know)

I dropped Exeter streatham for Reading since its more diverse and closer to me. my teacher also thought it was a wasted shot applying to both as the application goes through the same people.

I believe I can get an A in history, so could end up with AAB if I persuade a few teachers. Will the AAB unis be more likely to make an offer with AAB predictions rather than ABB?

If anyone could suggest an AAA uni for law which offers ABB for law combined with something (not languages) please note it. (there are not many that i know of)

confused thanks for any advice.

ReputationRep:
    even if you don't know the answer to the Q's. you can always state what you would consider doing.

would also help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High As A Kite)
    Exeter streatham and cornwall campus, UEA, Reading, Surrey, Nott Trent and Sheffield

I'm predicted ABB i think and at present I have..
    Exeter Cornwall -- ABB
    Reading -- AAB
    Surrey -- ABB
    Nott Trent -- BBB
    Sheffield -- AAB (law with criminology)

Will going for sheffield (with criminilogy combined) be a waste since my PS is soley focused on straight law?
    Will there be more or less competition?

I heard UEA are quite kind come results day and take a few people in who fail to meet inital requirements. (stroke of luck, i know)

I dropped Exeter streatham for Reading since its more diverse and closer to me. my teacher also thought it was a wasted shot applying to both as the application goes through the same people.

I believe I can get an A in history, so could end up with AAB if I persuade a few teachers. Will the AAB unis be more likely to make an offer with AAB predictions rather than ABB?

If anyone could suggest an AAA uni for law which offers ABB for law combined with something (not languages) please note it. (there are not many that i know of)

confused thanks for any advice.
    Sheffield is your best bet; it's a Russell Group and has far more employers seeking their graduates then any other university you have applied for. After that I would strongly recommend Surrey. I hope I helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iheartmondays)
    Sheffield is your best bet; it's a Russell Group and has far more employers seeking their graduates then any other university you have applied for. After that I would strongly recommend Surrey. I hope I helped.
    thank you. I dont really know if i have a shot with sheffield though. im also slightly cautious of doing a combined course too... i'd rather just focus on straight law and my PS doesn't mention another course.

in regard to surrey, i found that 1/5 law students drop out -- not sure how reliable the source was though. it also didnt feature that highly in the rankings (again i know rankings vary a lot)

I was planning to sub surrey with hull which is another ABB uni and beginning to gain recognition.

So, atm I have UEA, Reading, Hull, Exeter and Nottingham Trent

any more news, i'd appreciate it! ty

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.