Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: How long would you wait for a guy to make the move? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you had a feeling a guy liked you, but he was sort of shy, how long would you give him to make the move before giving up? Would you give up thinking he isn't interested? Or would you eventually take the lead yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Presume he's homo and give up.

ReputationRep:
    i just asked my older sister this question a couple of weeks ago for mate of mines who is in a similiar postition to you, or maybe your mate...

she said her bf wasn't shy at all and he had a lot of confidence and that really attracted her and thats the reason why they're together
    and i guess most girls wouldnt wanna take the lead

I would like to know

ReputationRep:
    It would depend how much I liked him. But I'd eventually reach the conclusion he wasn't interested and try to move on.

(Original post by uni2013)
    If you had a feeling a guy liked you, but he was sort of shy, how long would you give him to make the move before giving up? Would you give up thinking he isn't interested? Or would you eventually take the lead yourself?
    A month. After that Im moving on, no matter how much I like him.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    A month. After that Im moving on, no matter how much I like him.
    Thats not very long

ReputationRep:
    Just as long as it took, meaning, it would depend on the situation.

Not a year though, that's just taking the piss.

Just tell her.

ReputationRep:
    As long as it takes. If you like them and they like you back, then what's the rush? When he's ready, he'll say something. I personally don't have a problem waiting, I think I find it more romantic - they're shy and really thinking about it rather than jumping in feet first.

ReputationRep:
    If I thought he liked me, and I liked him too, then I'd make the first move. I can't understand women who would just give up and move on; even if you like the guy? Why do men have to always be the one making the first move? Have a bit of confidence. It's attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dita_parlo)
    If I thought he liked me, and I liked him too, then I'd make the first move. I can't understand women who would just give up and move on; even if you like the guy? Why do men have to always be the one making the first move? Have a bit of confidence. It's attractive.
    I can confirm this.

You sound awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in this position myself and I honestly don't know. ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    I would keep dropping hints and whatever, until I know for sure that they know I like them, then if they still haven't made a move, even though I made it bate that I like them and would say yes, then I would get the hint that they are not interested, so I move on.

ReputationRep:
    It would depend how much I actually thought he liked me. Actually, that's a lie. I always make the first move. I always tell myself next time, I'll wait. Then I get fed up and do the moves anyway.

ReputationRep:
    In the time it took you to post this, you could have called her up

:facepalm:

I waited 4 years for him. Made various excuses for why didn't make the moves, the main one being that he is very shy. Made some moves to encourage him. Net result was that I felt pathetic. Finally moved on a few months ago when I found a guy confident enough to do the chasing. Feel I wasted the last 4 years on this guy. What I learnt: guys who aren't prepared to put in the work to chase you aren't worth being with.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it's been going on for about three years now.

ReputationRep:
    Go out clubbing, both get drunk and see if you spend the night kissing. Then you'll know

From experience of asking after a month and a half and then getting kindly rejected i would say less than a month

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.