Which uni for Sociology and or applied social sciences Watch

This discussion is closed.
SJGoodwill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I was just wondering which was the best university for Sociology and or applied social sciences [and possibly social policy] and why. THANKS!
Evil Muffin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know that Essex and Warwick are supposed to be good for Sociology. Cambridge does a Sociology course too, unlike Oxford. A girl at my school tried for that and didn't get in (sorry, didn't want to put you off!)
SJGoodwill
Rep:
?
Thanks!! And no worries i would never get into Oxford anyway
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Keele's sociologoy department is supposed to be ranked top 10. York is also apparantly good, Lancaster is above average, Manchester again is top 20 for the subject (top 10 generaly). Warick is also very good.

Out of Lancaster, York, Warrick, Manchester, Keele and Shefeild Keele actually want the highest grades in my sisters case. I am sure there are offer great unis for this subject, the ones I have listed are just the ones my sisters applied to.
MuvverRussia
Report 16 years ago
There's only one place for social sciences- LSE.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MuvverRussia)
There's only one place for social sciences- LSE.
That is just snobbish and simply not true.
SJGoodwill
Rep:
?
To be quite honest i have looked at the LSE website and i have heard that they are one of the best for social sciences. And for the course i want to do [Sociology and Sociol Policy] the normal grades needed are BBB so thats good
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (2)
33.33%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
16.67%
No- I want it (3)
50%
No- I don't want it (0)
0%

Watched Threads