Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Daily Mail poll- Do you still support the students after these riots? Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/polls/index.html

I thought this was the best place to post this to get people voting on it.

At time of posting, the results are:
    Yes- 33%
    No- 67%

ReputationRep:
    People will denounce the poll because of where it's from - but DM readers represent a lot of Middle England so it's pretty significant as these are the people paying for student subsidisation.

ReputationRep:
    This is a nice indicator for students to realise they are a very very small part in the big world! Time for them to wake up and get on with it!

-Grumpy postgrad!

ReputationRep:
    Lol. 61% think the Euro will collapse. :rolleyes:

Daily Fail.

ReputationRep:
    Daily Mail :noway:

ReputationRep:
    Of course all the results will not be in favour of the students every article in the daily mail has been constantly highlighting all the negative behaviour of the student protests (the majority were peaceful), and the people who read it are willing to give an opinion without even knowing much about the subject (from my point of view). The picture next to the poll is of students burning something for God's sake, what does anybody expect?

And have you seen how dodgy the polls are on there:

E.g. a poll about whether the Euro will survive 61% think it is 'finished' and only 39% think it will survive.

If this represents what a lot of people in England think, then I am ashamed

ReputationRep:
    daily fail :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetearth)
    Of course all the results will not be in favour of the students every article in the daily mail has been constantly highlighting all the negative behaviour of the student protests (the majority were peaceful), and the people who read it are willing to give an opinion without even knowing much about the subject (from my point of view). The picture next to the poll is of students burning something for God's sake, what does anybody expect?
    So turning the poll around would be an even bigger achievement, and send a bigger message to the country, surely? If people go along with what they read in the paper enough to not read around and see the full story, then seeing a poll showing that so many people support students then they'll go along with that. Turn peoples shallow minds to your own good.

Poll has gone to 34% and 66% now

ReputationRep:
    But according to the Daily Mail, candlelit dinners give you cancer. Is this Middle England's paper of CHOICE?

ReputationRep:
    The daily mail readers never supported the protests, in fact they supported the raise even before the protests (check the comments when the raise was announced) so I doubt that the protests have had an affect on their opinion. Most of their readers are a horrible bunch. I'd like to think that they don't represent the majority of the public.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't support them before the riots.
    I don't support the Daily Mail, either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Lol. 61% think the Euro will collapse. :rolleyes:

Daily Fail.
    To be fair, we can hardly be certain that it won't (though it probably won't).

ReputationRep:
    51% WOULD RISK THEIR LIFE FOR THEIR DOG

haha yeah these polls are well accurate, daily fail ....

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but this poll is on the same page as the poll 'who would win in a fight: Ian Botham or Ian Chappell?' so forgive me if if don't take it to seriously. Daily Fail.

Source... it's about halfway down the page.

ReputationRep:
    Never did.

ReputationRep:
    god what is up with this country have we lost all fight in us, ok it may only be fee's but actions every government affects us all and we just roll over and let them do it, and than moan and rant after

if anything students are the last real hope, of those standing up for what they beleive in

as thatcher is posting i wonder how she feel with the poll tax results, when people stood up and brough her government down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MizzlaMiz)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/polls/index.html

I thought this was the best place to post this to get people voting on it.

At time of posting, the results are:
    Yes- 33%
    No- 67%
    I never supported the protests and still do not.

ReputationRep:
    But did they support the students in the first place?

Those that have voted no in this poll would have voted no for the above question.

It's trying to make it seem as if people have stopped supporting students because of this rioting minority, whereas people in favour of the students are, generally, aware that the violence is a minority and will continue to support the peaceful majority.

ReputationRep:
    53% in favour of supporting students, not enough.

ReputationRep:
    I support the right to protest but peacefully. So my answer is No.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.