The Student Room Group

Why is my ex texting me?

My (ex)boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago - or more officially two weeks ago. It was really upsetting and although we said in the future we could be friends, we both knew that we couldn't now, and (sort of) accepted this.

However, he text me a couple of times asking how I was, and that seemed fine, but this week, he has been texting me much more. He first sent a text, I replied politely, but gave him no reason to text back. He replied. To this, I replied and thought I ended the discussion by saying, 'have a great rest of your day.' He replied - he's always asked me questions so that I feel like I have to reply to him, random questions too like, 'done your christmas shopping yet?', so I did reply, and again he's text back!

I don't want to be impolite, and as much as I want to talk to him, I cannot have him in my life right now, we were together nearly two years and right now he can't be my friend, I'm not ready for that and won't be for a long time.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why he is texting me?
Reply 1
Well he is either being nosey and wondering if you have moved on or he is in regret, I've been going through something similar =/
my ex still texts after we broke up a year and a half ago! despite telling him to **** off numerous times!
Maybe he honestly cares about how you are?

Just say to him, "While I'm happy to be friends in the future, I think we both need some time apart from each other to help us both move on"
Perhaps he's been remembering boning sessions of days long past, and is trying to see if you're still interested.

That's probably not true, but it's not every day you get to use a phrase such as "boning sessions of days long past" :wink:
He wants a blowjob. :pierre:
Wants to get between your legs.
Reply 7
Original post by Ukjack44
I've been going through something similar =/

I doubt it is regret though, that's why I am so confused! Although he was the one to suggest breaking up in the first place! Hope your situation is okay :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I doubt it is regret though, that's why I am so confused! Although he was the one to suggest breaking up in the first place! Hope your situation is okay :smile:

Of course it's regret. He's beginning to realise how much he misses you.
Reply 9
Doesn't want to get over you just yet, misses you, and the only way for him to stop is for you to never text back
he wants to make that pussy wet for you again :sadnod:
maybe he's just trying to be friendly? you haven't given much detail so maybe he is just trying to be nice.
Reply 12
He miss you...thats the only good reason I can come up...no worry he will stop texting you soon enough. If your too pissed off with his texts try the block system on ur cell.
He misses the intimacy, the fact someone cared about him, the fact he got his tummy tickled.
Drunk text?
Reply 15
He still looooooooves you thats why
Be careful. I had the same situation, it ended in me thinking he wanted me back and drunk calling him and him brushing me off - cue angry text at 8am the next day telling him I know longer wanted to speak to him for the foreseeable future. We have yet to speak since.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending