Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on getting one of these soon. Some of the best contracts I've found only give me 500mb of internet, bearing in mind I'll only be doing the usual everyday things like browsing facebook and similar websites (rather than streaming or downloading), will this be enough?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Yes. Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

You should also bear in mind that, any data transmitted to/from the phone over a wireless network will not count towards your usage. So if you have wireless at home, connect it to that, then do all of your big data usage (downloading apps and such) there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoosh)
    I'm planning on getting one of these soon. Some of the best contracts I've found only give me 500mb of internet, bearing in mind I'll only be doing the usual everyday things like browsing facebook and similar websites (rather than streaming or downloading), will this be enough?
    However good the Desire Z is, I feel it my duty to ask if you've considered the Nexus S as well. Provided you can find a similar contract, the latter is significantly more time proof...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingCrushesUs)
    However good the Desire Z is, I feel it my duty to ask if you've considered the Nexus S as well. Provided you can find a similar contract, the latter is significantly more time proof...
    How is the Nexus S more time proof, apart from getting updates straight away, then yes but other than that I can't see anywhere else where.

ReputationRep:
    None are futureproof when Tegra 2 starts shipping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    None are futureproof when Tegra 2 starts shipping
    Will the Tegra 2 actually be a usable phone though? :P Or will you have to kind of plunge into a world of insane 3D graphics to even use the phone? :P

Seriously though, I highly doubt that Nvidia will actually be able to pull many developers into developing for it... I have no doubt that whatever they do develop for it will be insane, though :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    How is the Nexus S more time proof, apart from getting updates straight away, then yes but other than that I can't see anywhere else where.
    Firstly, yeah, the updates. 3.0 and a few OS' updates afterwards are pretty much guaranteed. Secondly, NFC Thirdly, front facing camera

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't have a keyboard though, does it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Keyboard really isn't necessary.
    I don't want a phone without one. But that's just my personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    Will the Tegra 2 actually be a usable phone though? :P Or will you have to kind of plunge into a world of insane 3D graphics to even use the phone? :P

Seriously though, I highly doubt that Nvidia will actually be able to pull many developers into developing for it... I have no doubt that whatever they do develop for it will be insane, though :P
    http://www.engadget.com/lg-star/preview/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.