The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Marketgate or Student Village!?!?!?!?

Hey guys, ive been given a conditional offer to do Law at UWE!
really wanna know what the best accomadation is? any experiences from past students on anything!?
Thankkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :smile:
Reply 1
Marketgate, in fact Favell. Anywhere in the City Centre is better than the Student Village. I'm currently a second year and I lived my first year in Favell. Everything (I mean literally everything minus the actual University) is within walking distance. You'll never pay for a taxi and because Marketgate is run by UWE you get a free Ulink bus pass. You won't regret it, trust me. I live in a house in Horfield now and I regret moving out of the City Centre. Also, Marketgate is cheaper, Unite care less (on Student Village they have too much security and you have to sign guests in and out).
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Leard
Marketgate, in fact Favell. Anywhere in the City Centre is better than the Student Village. I'm currently a second year and I lived my first year in Favell. Everything (I mean literally everything minus the actual University) is within walking distance. You'll never pay for a taxi and because Marketgate is run by UWE you get a free Ulink bus pass. You won't regret it, trust me. I live in a house in Horfield now and I regret moving out of the City Centre. Also, Marketgate is cheaper, Unite care less (on Student Village they have too much security and you have to sign guests in and out).

THIS, I haven't lived in MG but everyone I know who's lived there loved it. I lived on campus in first year, so boring, and now I live in the centre which is AMAZING, and the people are so so much nicer! :biggrin: The only disadvantage is having to rely on buses to get onto campus, but it's so worth it, seriously.

This is why I wish I'd been on TSR before I came to uni, so someone could tell me how much better living in the centre is!
Reply 3
if you are going to go unite go to marketgate the rest are dead ****, ignore all the people moaning because the lifts dont work

just dont live on student village, its all cool for freshers then the nightlife moves more towards the city centre
Reply 4
Im living in drake house this year! in the city! I love it!
Reply 5
i enjoyed waverley so much that i'm going back after my placement :tongue: living in bristol city centre is amazing, so marketgate > frenchay everytime
Reply 6
Definately marketgate, would HATE to be on campus!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending