Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What can I do about my foot? Watch

ReputationRep:
    A few years ago, I dislocated a bone in my foot; it was put back in, but ever since then sudden temperature changes have made it hurt a lot.

Where I live, we went up from below freezing yesterday to 7C today - hardly warm, but a huge change for my foot. It's been hurting all day, and painkillers (only over the counter ones; have a feeling my doctor would dismiss me as crazy for saying the temperature hurts my foot) just aren't helping.

Is there anything else I can do for my foot? Also, just as an aside, is there a medical reason why my foot does this?

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Another bump - this is really rather painful.

ReputationRep:
    One more try, then I'll just abandon this I think.

ReputationRep:
    Get it amputated? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    :doctor:

They wouldn't think you were crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    Get it amputated? :holmes:
    Lol i second this

ReputationRep:
    not sure if theres a proper medical reason but i sort of know where your coming from. i have problems with joints and my back and when it gets cold its really painful for me (especially my back).

not sure if theres anything you can do but take painkillers (maybe try ibuprofen and paracteamol together or get stronger painkillers if possible) for it or try to talk to a doctor that is understanding about it and just explain that it can hurt a lot more when theres a sudden change in temperature.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.