Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Accidentally put 'Yes' from criminal convictions. watch

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend accidentally put 'Yes' for criminal convictions on her UCAS, she got a letter from Coventry today asking for more information. Is there a way to un-do this? Or will she have to phone all the unis?

ReputationRep:
    looooooooooooool shes an unconscious criminal

ReputationRep:
    OOPS

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid thing to do :/.

She can call up UCAS to change it but by now the uni's will have seen it and so she should call up UCAS to change it and then she'll need to call all her uni's and tell them it's been updated now. She should be quick too because although they won't say it i'm sure some uni's will reject her because of this criminal conviction.

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her to steal some fruit from Tesco and it's done.

ReputationRep:
    Phone all the Unis

ReputationRep:
    How do you do that - there's a big note saying "Only tick this if you DO have criminal convictions"? :lolwut:

Well, there's two options: commit a crime, or contact Coventry (and all of the other unis) and inform them of the mistake.

I'd personally opt for the latter, but the former has a certain edge...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Henryyyyy)
    My girlfriend accidentally put 'Yes' for criminal convictions on her UCAS, she got a letter from Coventry today asking for more information. Is there a way to un-do this? Or will she have to phone all the unis?
    Dumb her mate. If shes that thick its probably better for the world that you remove any chance of her reproducing.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'd laugh if she replied "My only crime was accidently selecting the 'yes' option instead of the 'No'. Sorryyyyyyyy"

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she's a criminal
    Looking that good must be illegal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Henryyyyy)
    its too late the ucas never lies....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ithoughtofthis)
    Lol I'd laugh if she replied "My only crime was accidently selecting the 'yes' option instead of the 'No'. Sorryyyyyyyy"
    That would be the best way to reply: with humour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    Dumb her mate. If shes that thick its probably better for the world that you remove any chance of her reproducing.
    Actually, she got 2 A*s 1 A, and is actually very clever, just silly mistake to make. So I do not think I should 'dumb' her, taa

ReputationRep:
    Definately phone the individual universities and UCAS IMMEDIATELY. That particular option for declaring convictions is with regard to convictions which fall under the following categories:

* Any kind of violence including (but not limited to) threatening behaviour, offences concerning the intention to harm or offences which resulted in actual bodily harm.
    * Offences listed in the Sex Offences Act 2003.
    * The unlawful supply of controlled drugs or substances where the conviction concerns commercial drug dealing or trafficking.
    * Offences involving firearms.
    * Offences involving arson.
    * Offences listed in the Terrorism Act 2006.

So unless she wants to be treated as a rapist, drug dealer, arsonist, gun runner or terrorist......let them know she is innocent, NOW!!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: she wanted to look like a gangster

go Sam fisher on her OP investigate her criminal activities

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.