Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Akon Best RnB Singeer Right Now? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone agree with me that akon is by far the best RnB singer at the moment? he has a really unique voice that puts him in a different league to all the rest. he has released some awesome albums over the years and i would love to cruise in my car with a new album of his. Anyone know if he is set to release a new album or not?

ReputationRep:
    nope he's ****e... i think so check american sites

ReputationRep:
    1-Autotune sucks. Sorry Akon.
    2-The kind of rnb you mean is mainstream rnb wich nowadays suck. What musical taste you have?
    3-Do you listen something else than what the ****ty radios broadcast?
    Leave that rnb whack and try people Erykah Badu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    1-Autotune sucks. Sorry Akon.
    2-The kind of rnb you mean is mainstream rnb wich nowadays suck. What musical taste you have?
    3-Do you listen something else than what the ****ty radios broadcast?
    Leave that rnb whack and try people Erykah Badu.
    Yes :sogood:

You heard the remix of Window Seat with Rick Ross?

ReputationRep:
    Na, Na, Na, Na, Na Na. :nothing:

ReputationRep:

The good old days :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Na, Na, Na, Na, Na Na. :nothing:
    I feel fear. That comment is highly disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    Akon's cool, but definitely not the best. His songs were pretty good when he first started, but unfortunately like many other chart artists, the quality of his songs have slowly declined over the years. I used to really like him, but I've gotten kinda bored of him now. I could probably name loads of R&B artists better than him.

ReputationRep:
    I like the instrumentals.

I think it's Ghetts tbh

ReputationRep:
      I will now proceed to name 10 contemporary R & B singers that easily surpass Akon

1. Maxwell
      2. Erykah Badu
      3. The-Dream
      4. Ne-yo
      5. R Kelly
      6. Jaheim
      7. Raphael Saadiq
      8. Bilal
      9. Dwele
      10. Alicia Keys

note - the list was in no particular order

ReputationRep:
      Iyaz?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by markberry91)
      Hey does anyone agree with me that akon is by far the best RnB singer at the moment? he has a really unique voice that puts him in a different league to all the rest. he has released some awesome albums over the years and i would love to cruise in my car with a new album of his. Anyone know if he is set to release a new album or not?
      I hate RnB (mainstream RnB anyway). No he's not anyway, his music isn't even RnB, you class that dance track he did with David Guetta as RnB?

I dunno who is the best, coz I don't listen to it, but if Akon is what people class as RnB I feel sorry for the real fans...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by zKlown)
      I hate RnB (mainstream RnB anyway). No he's not anyway, his music isn't even RnB, you class that dance track he did with David Guetta as RnB?

I dunno who is the best, coz I don't listen to it, but if Akon is what people class as RnB I feel sorry for the real fans...
      Nah i mean like the album he released last year. included songs like, wish i could keep you much longer, and one featuring young jeezy and lil wayne. hey is that you in that profile pic by da way? u can cruise in my car with me anytime. xx

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by markberry91)
      Nah i mean like the album he released last year. included songs like, wish i could keep you much longer, and one featuring young jeezy and lil wayne. hey is that you in that profile pic by da way? u can cruise in my car with me anytime. xx
      Yes, that's me in my profile pik... Is that you in yours?

Lil Wayne loooool, he doesn't even have a genre these days. He fell off majorly...

(Although he is an overly sick rapper)

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.