Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Speed Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'll be blunt. Im addicted to speed(base) amphetamine, however you want to refer to it. How can i tell my family. I need the stuff to feel normal. I'm right mess. Any advice will be very much appreciated.
    Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    No, you do not need it.
    Get off it, then you won't need to admit anything to anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Something_Ironic)
    No, you do not need it.
    I appreciate you replying, I really do. But it's not as easy as that. I need it to function normally, I feel no high off the stuff. I need to be under lock and key. I just need a good way to inform my parent's. As im not in my proper mind i need some idea's/advice.

ReputationRep:
    No, you do not need it.
    This has no relation to the thread, but I also believe frankie boyle is a true GOD!
    He is amazingly hilarious, even his autobiography is funny as hell!
    Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rob6709)
    I appreciate you replying, I really do. But it's not as easy as that. I need it to function normally, I feel no high off the stuff. I need to be under lock and key. I just need a good way to inform my parent's. As im not in my proper mind i need some idea's/advice.
    Im sure you survived perfectly well before you started taking it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TPS.)
    This has no relation to the thread, but I also believe frankie boyle is a true GOD!
    He is amazingly hilarious, even his autobiography is funny as hell!
    Yeah.
    Technically it does have a relation, it just doesn't necessarily answer his question.

Haha another Frankie Boyle supporter! Pos rep to you

Am i hated on this? i get negged for everything i say...

ReputationRep:
    Im sure you survived perfectly well before you started taking it..
    Im aware of that, it really isn't as easy as it sounds to quit. Stopping bring's on the worst flu like symptom's and craving's like you would not beleive!

ReputationRep:
    Im aware of that, it really isn't as easy as it sounds to quit. Stopping bring's on the worst flu like symptom's and craving's like you would not beleive!
    Yeah. Without sounding like a whiny idiot, you shouldn't have started in the first place. Why did you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Without sounding like a whiny idiot, you shouldn't have started in the first place. Why did you?
    Started out as a night out thing, keeps you going asnd happy. You need to take more to avoid the comedown. The session's grow from a night nto 3 or 4 to avoid coming down. Understand?

ReputationRep:
    Are you fast like Sonic or Usain Bolt?

+

=

Is this what Speed turns you into?

If so, can I have some please?

ReputationRep:
    Started out as a night out thing, keeps you going asnd happy. You need to take more to avoid the comedown. The session's grow from a night nto 3 or 4 to avoid coming down. Understand?

Ah right i understand.

Are you willing to attempt to quit?

ReputationRep:
    Wow. How sensitive. But a little funny.
    If you want to tell your parents, just sit them down and tell them the truth. There's really nothing much more to it than that. Be open and honest and hope it turns out ok.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right i understand.

Are you willing to attempt to quit?
    Deinatly, But the whole point to this thread was for a way to tell my parents. The only way i will quit is under lock and key. It's to easy to just get hold of more and thus the cycle begins again.

ReputationRep:
    Deinatly, But the whole point to this thread was for a way to tell my parents. The only way i will quit is under lock and key. It's to easy to just get hold of more and thus the cycle begins again.
    Ah ok, good that you're willing to kick it.

Before i make suggestions, may i ask your age?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopefullyMedic)
    Wow. How sensitive. But a little funny.
    If you want to tell your parents, just sit them down and tell them the truth. There's really nothing much more to it than that. Be open and honest and hope it turns out ok.
    Once again thankyou for a sensible reply, I'd love to but im not my normal self I would need to really excplain it to my dad.

ReputationRep:
    First try going cold turkey. Lock yourself in a room.
    If that fails then talk to a counsellor or something.
    You'll feel a lot better if you tell your parents though. This coming from someone with experience in these matters.

ReputationRep:
    Having read through some of the posts I see that my post was kinda pointless. Are you at uni?

Uni or not, there should be people around who you can talk to. Getting used to telling other people like a counsellor or a mentor is a good way to gear up towards telling your parents. The more you're able to talk about your problems the easier it'll be when you actually talk to your family.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'll be blunt. Im addicted to speed(base) amphetamine, however you want to refer to it. How can i tell my family. I need the stuff to feel normal. I'm right mess. Any advice will be very much appreciated.
    Cheers.
    Tell your parents at the same time but emphasise that you want to stop. Make sure you tell them both cos if you tell one of them the other is going to be really pissed and even a bit ambushed when you tell them with the other parent.

Show that you've done some research into how to quit. Get a counsellor and ask if you can all go to see the cousellor together. Make sure you talk more about what you will do rather than what you've already done.

I have no experience in this but this is the best advice I could give.
    Good luck. It's just a shame you got stuck in such a scene in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Neg repped why?

ReputationRep:
    Neg repped why?
    You come off as slightly insensitive. The guy comes on looking for advice and you know some one seriously wants help when they're willing to ask it on a student forum full of trolls and such.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.