Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi im currently in IQ accomodation and i moved in with my friend in a flat of 6. Our other flatmates have taken no interest in gettin to know us as friends. Just as flatmates.
    She is thinkin of moving in with her boyfriend next year.
    I have made great friends in my course and on societies so its not like im incapable of making friends.

I want to move into accomodation again next year to meet more new people but i totally cant make my mind up about which one to go for. My main concern is having unsocial flatmates again. Other friends have such great flats and are becoming strong friends with their flatmates, thats all i want.

Im including Cosmopolition ( i have a friend there and it looks nice ) in the decision and maybe finding a flat in Manchester coz i love living right in the city and hopefully meet some cool people.

I heard that Castle Irwell is the most social and i wish i went there in the first place but is it a good place to go in your 2nd year if its never quiet.

Ive noticed that most people in IQ are 'indie' which i dunno may be a factor seeing though im more into rock music but i dunno.

Any ideas or advice will be highly appreciated x

ReputationRep:
    I can confirm the fact that castle Irwell is a blast I know plenty of people that are either 2nd years or postgrads that live here. If you want the ... English kind of fun (pubs/clubs/getting wasted) don't apply for the "quiet" area. The "quiet" area isn't exactly quiet actually, but there are mostly people from outside England living there. House parties run every night all around the campus though. The biggest benefit is that you live with 10 other people, henceforth less chances to not have any friends in the house :P

ReputationRep:
    hey, im in IQ this year aswell, don't particularily like it there. And yeah it does seem quite indie based which isnt ideal for anyone who likes rock or metal which is also my main music taste :P

Ive heard good things about Cosmo which i plan on living in next year or house sharing. It's cheaper and still en-suite, and from what i've heard has a decent social aspect. I'd be tempted not to go into uni accomodation mainly due to the awful internet and it's a bit more expensive.

Hope it helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.