Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What the hell colour shall i do my hair Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://yfrog.com/48posexj

C'est moi, all be it a posey me...but yeah, shows my colouring well.

Im a bit bored with my hair, I probably should leave it alone (?)
    But I somehow want to do something with it colourwise. I did think about going lighter, posted a thread about that...anyway I thought Id welcome ANY suggestions..

...NO im not dying it pink :p: sensible suggestions please, and pics :teeth:

Rep available

ReputationRep:
    A reaaaaaaaally dark brown? I don't think going blonde would suit you.
    I swear you've made around 798478957489 threads of the same nature. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Don't mean to sound like a stalker, but I swear you've made loads of similar threads about this?

I'd suggest having a chat with your hairdresser. They'd be much more knowledgeable than anyone on here about what would suit your skin tone etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl Overboard)
    Don't mean to sound like a stalker, but I swear you've made loads of similar threads about this?

I'd suggest having a chat with your hairdresser. They'd be much more knowledgeable than anyone on here about what would suit your skin tone etc.
    They were about going blonde. I just keep changing my mind, Im so bored with it...its just...there.

:hmmmm: then again maybe I am being a tad obsessive :ninja: Just feel stuck in a rut, seeing as ive hard long dark black hair since...well, forever.

ReputationRep:
    TSR isnt the best place to ask,

maybe it would be better consulting a professional stylist, they'll sort you out.

ReputationRep:
    Phishing for compliments again are we?

ReputationRep:
    Brown. :yep:

Feel free to lol, I'm a guy what do I know? :dontknow:

Edit: thanks for the neg. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    They were about going blonde. I just keep changing my mind, Im so bored with it...its just...there.

:hmmmm: then again maybe I am being a tad obsessive :ninja: Just feel stuck in a rut, seeing as ive hard long dark black hair since...well, forever.
    I'd keep it dark if I were you. Maybe just go a different shade if you want a change.

Speaking from personal experience, going blonde will damage your hair, cost a fortune in upkeep, your roots will be really obvious, and you'll probably need to dye your eyebrows otherwise they'll look a bit silly.

I've got the same colouring as you and I regret ever attempting to go blonde. I've had to cut my hair to just below jaw length and its still really damaged (admittedly I always did DIY jobs rather than getting it dyed professionally).

You look really good with dark hair, and you're lucky to have such long hair. I wouldn't risk ruining it.

But if you're dead set on having lighter hair, I'd suggest Angelina Jolie's current hair colour. Its not too drastic, and I think its a lovely colour: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...e-Tourist.html

eta: Actually, Keira's colour is even nicer, I'd go for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Girl Overboard)
    I'd keep it dark if I were you. Maybe just go a different shade if you want a change.

Speaking from personal experience, going blonde will damage your hair, cost a fortune in upkeep, your roots will be really obvious, and you'll probably need to dye your eyebrows otherwise they'll look a bit silly.

I've got the same colouring as you and I regret ever attempting to go blonde. I've had to cut my hair to just below jaw length and its still really damaged (admittedly I always did DIY jobs rather than getting it dyed professionally).

You look really good with dark hair, and you're lucky to have such long hair. I wouldn't risk ruining it.

But if you're dead set on having lighter hair, I'd suggest Angelina Jolie's current hair colour. Its not too drastic, and I think its a lovely colour: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...e-Tourist.html

eta: Actually, Keira's colour is even nicer, I'd go for that.

Yh I guess the only thing i can do is change the shade as opposed to the colour. I think the upkeep would be a nightmare if its too light as you say. I think the lightest im going to be able to go is a ange jolie/kate middleton brown tbh. :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think blonde would suit you. A slightly lighter brown might be nice though...although you may have problems achieving that if you do it yourself. I tried to lighten my hair a little a couple of weeks ago and it just made it darker :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    A reaaaaaaaally dark brown? I don't think going blonde would suit you.
    I swear you've made around 798478957489 threads of the same nature. :ninja:

Besides my hair isnt the issue, its my flipping brows...right... *RAGE*

lol

ReputationRep:
    What a gorgeous gal

Dare to be different, a bob like this would work well: http://www.hairstylesdesign.com/gall...tyles_3662.php

It's very top heavy, giving you a good fringe to draw away from your brows, but also gives you good contrast, complimenting your lovely lips and bright eyes.

I wouldn't go for the red colouring though.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say keep it as it is. The darkness of the hair, tends to put more emphasis on your eye colour, by standing out more.

If you're really keen though, then I suggest a really dark chocolate colour, or perhaps a mix?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.