Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I met my girlfriend a few months ago. And, I love her a lot. But, I'm starting to find it hard to trust what she tells me, and not sure if I know who she really is.

This is the problem. I met her, and I can tell straight away that she is in-experienced in relationships and stuff. Or, is she not. Last week, we was hanging out with some of her friends, and I meet one of her friends who is a guy. He is a ****, anyway, we was chatting about some of the girls in this group. And he ses "You see those 3 girls over there, I've been with everyone of them" and I say "including my gf?" And he ses, "Yeh, exactly". I was quite taken back, because my girlfriend has told me, I am her first boyfriend, she has never done anything with anyone. (shes just turned 17). So, I confronted her and she said, "no, its all lies, I dont like that group of people much, they all lie".

So, tonight, we was chatting, and I jokenly say "Yeh, but you like that guy don't you" and she ses, "Nah, he is just an ex, he is stupid"....... *HER EX???*** At this point my stomach dropped, and I just went silent and felt real sad She said it as if it was nothing. Have I reason to be upset and feel sad? I think ive sort of built this image of her, that I am her first for everything.

Also, she has lied to me about drinking and drugs, not that I care, because I drink and have tried drugs but ive told her that, but she told me, No ive never taken drugs, and never drink.
    But, that guy said "My a** she doesn't drink" and, tonight I said to her "have you ever smoked tried drugs?" and she said "Yeh, ive done cannabis a couple of times". Not that I care that she has tried it, but why has she lied to me all a long.

I don't understand, and I feel quite upset and, well, sad to be honest. Have I got a right to feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you ask her exactly what happened between them

ReputationRep:
    hmmm a very grey area really - I mean she is being honest with you now at least...Maybe when she first met you - she didn't have the confidance that you'd stick around if you knew those things? You could see it, simply as proof that your relationship has developed to such a stage where she trusts you now to this extent...

However tbh if it's causing you such angst, I would just confront her (nicely) about it - not in an accusing manner - just be honest about how it's making you feeling & you just want your relationship to be based on truth, & you'd love her regardless. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful op

ReputationRep:
    Get rid. She obviously has issues with telling the truth and it'll probably end badly in the future.

I understand she might wanna hide the truth for a reason, but it's still a hard thing to put up with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tekkers90)
    I don't understand, and I feel quite upset and, well, sad to be honest. Have I got a right to feel like this?
    I would rather that she told me that she had been airtight ten times rather than to lie to me ever. Lies destroy trust and make relationships impossible imo.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.