Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On windows I used to have software that would let me use a usb stick as a boot key (Wouldn't boot unless it was inserted) so I was wondering if there is anything similar for mac? Or something where I could insert the usb key or sd card instead of entering a password for say after sleep etc...

No just use the power button and why were u using a usb for booting thats strange

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by blueray)
      No just use the power button and why were u using a usb for booting thats strange
      I wasnt booting from the usb... my hdd was encrypted and would require a password on boot or for the key to be inserted, instead of typing the password.

Just do a full reinstall on your pc

ReputationRep:
        I don't think so, unfortunately.

I might be wrong though, just keep googling and ask on some Mac Forums.

go on to chat on the apple website and ask them

ReputationRep:
          I think PGP disk encryption has a mac version

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.