The Student Room Group

May have missed out an important thing!

Okay to put it simply I'm a complete fail and have potentially done the stupidest thing yet!
I'm studying a Level 3 Advanced Diploma and I am applying for Primary Teaching and sent off my UCAS 2 weeks ago and today logged onto my track to find Northumbria University have rejected me and their reason for this is I am not predicted to meet the entry requirements...
Their requirements which apply to me are:
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above which must include Mathematics, English Language and a Science.
- Advanced Diploma:
Grade C in Progression Diploma, plus an additional 80 UCAS Tariff points from GCE/VCE A Level or BTEC National Award.

I've met all the GCSE requirements, and I am predicted Grade B in my Diploma. Therefore I figure that my only area is the 80 UCAS points from an AS. However as part of my diploma it is compulsory to do an EPQ....which am I right in thinking is accepted as an AS level?

If this is the case, I didn't put the EPQ in my UCAS qualifications when applying as I thought it'd go together with the diploma as it is a part of it. Stupid me! :rolleyes:

Could someone help polish my brain which is currently like mush after all of this confusion. As if I'm right in thinking my EPQ can be accepted, I really need to get onto UCAS first thing Monday to get it corrected and contact Northumbria and kindly ask them to reconsider me with the added qualification!

Thanks a lot!
:smile:
You can find all of the educational info you've added to your UCAS form by logging into apply. If the EPQ isn't there then you need to contact UCAS and all of your universities to let them know. The EPQ is a free standing AS level qualification but you'll need to add it in addition to your diploma, unless part of the assessment of your diploma will be the EPQ and your B grade has already taken the EPQ grade into consideration? If this is the case you may be in trouble as they will not let you use the same grades twice.

If the EPQ isn't on your application form then you can't get Northumbria to reconsider as it isn't their fault you missed information, as far as they're concerned this is all you're studying so they made a decision accordingly. They'd treat it the same as if you were rejected then decided you were doing an extra AS level to get more UCAS points and then asked them to reconsider, they wouldn't. However, you need to get it added on before your other universities make a decision on the application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending