Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm not actually at university yet but I'm just wondering if most unis let you swap courses within the first few weeks or so... If it's for a less well-regarded course which required lower entry requirements than the one you got in to, would you generally be allowed or not or is it literally down to individual unis? I don't want to e-mail them asking since it'll look pretty bad...

I'm just reviewing my choice of Law since I think I may be bored out of my head for three years and have now decided I really don't want a career in Law anyway... I'm much more interested in arty-farty things like Philosophy or History of Art, though I quite fancy Politics and languages too.

Basically how likely is it that they'll allow me to swap courses to something like Politics and Philosophy if I've got in to do Law.... and how bad will it look if they don't let me swap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lattywatty)
    Hi there, I'm not actually at university yet but I'm just wondering if most unis let you swap courses within the first few weeks or so... If it's for a less well-regarded course which required lower entry requirements than the one you got in to, would you generally be allowed or not or is it literally down to individual unis? I don't want to e-mail them asking since it'll look pretty bad...

I'm just reviewing my choice of Law since I think I may be bored out of my head for three years and have now decided I really don't want a career in Law anyway... I'm much more interested in arty-farty things like Philosophy or History of Art, though I quite fancy Politics and languages too.

Basically how likely is it that they'll allow me to swap courses to something like Politics and Philosophy if I've got in to do Law.... and how bad will it look if they don't let me swap?
    It all depends on whether there are any spaces on that course, and if there aren't, you have no chance.

You're better off contacting them now and asking to be considered for politics and philosophy (or another course.)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.