Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (a generalisation of course)

After talking to many people over the last few months, it has become very apparent that girls have almost zero general knowledge. They can tell you what is going on in their course or the X factor, but ask them where Germany is or what WW2 was about and they have no idea. I was reminded of this when a girl on TSR who was 20 had no idea what 9/11 was all about, even though it will be one of the most important historical events during her life.
    What excuse do you have for this ignorance when you live in an age of instant communication and access to huge amounts of data all for free? :confused:

Yet for some reason guys tend to be better with general knowledge, from geography, politics, and history, for some reason we know far more, yet if you ask a person why they know this they can not explain why. I put it down to simply being more inquisitive.

Do other people find this to be the same with girls they meet, or guys?
    Do you girls with general knowledge find these girls do not help with fighting stereotypes such as the stupid blonde etc?

*****************EDIT: Courtesy of (ij), here is some actual proof! *************** Extra highlighting as so many of you have missed it :rolleyes:.
    http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/print/d-65414116.html

ReputationRep:
    I can't understands whats you said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)

After talking to many people over the last few months, it has become very apparent that girls have almost zero general knowledge. They can tell you what is going on in their course or the X factor, but ask them where Germany is or what WW2 was about and they have no idea. I was reminded of this when a girl on TSR who was 20 had no idea what 9/11 was all about, even though it will be one of the most important historical events during her life, as well as that idiot protester who was a history student at Cambridge yet did not know what a Cenotaph was.

What excuse do you have for this ignorance when you live in an age of instant communication and access to huge amounts of data all for free? :confused:

Yet for some reason guys tend to be better with general knowledge, from geography, politics, and history, for some reason we know far more, yet if you ask a person why they know this they can not explain why. I put it down to simply being more inquisitive.
    That protester was a male. What's your excuse?

ReputationRep:
    I gots an A in General Studies blud. Wat yu sayin????

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't tell you what WW2 was about but i could tell you where Germany is as i did Geography not History at GCSE.. perhaps the girls your talking about did neither

VERY SERIOUS STATEMENT :rolleyes:

SUPER SERIOUS EDIT

I am being 100% serious, when i imply that people who do Geography will never know anything about History

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj1N9d8P4bg Egg-man-d

SERIOUS

ReputationRep:
    Selling this spot.

Lol but Jimbo,

ReputationRep:
    as well as that idiot protester who was a history student at Cambridge yet did not know what a Cenotaph was.
    Gee, what gender was that student again?

Last edited by Jimbo1234; 2 Minutes Ago at 12:06.
    Hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    Well you are asking the wrong questions. You should be asking "where did iron boards come from?" and "describe the thermodynamic processes involved in sandwich production", these are more suited to the brains of a woman.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Anyone who negs me for this has serious issues with sarcasm detection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Gee, what gender was that student again?

Hahaha.
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    That protester was a male. What's your excuse?

Yeah, the person who told me that story got it wrong. :rolleyes: I edited once I checked it out myself.

(Original post by CityOfMyHeart)
    I gots an A in General Studies blud. Wat yu sayin????
    Ah, general studies. Anyone can get an A in it. My friend got an A after saying AIDS was good and helped remove the weak from Africa. It does not really show general knowledge, just the skill to bull ****.

(Original post by EggmanD)
    I couldn't tell you what WW2 was about but i could tell you where Germany is as i did Geography not History at GCSE.. perhaps the girls your talking about did neither
    How the **** do you not know what WW2 is about? Have you not seen any films, tv, or read any books about it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the person who told me that story got it wrong. :rolleyes: I edited once I checked it out myself.
    Stop referring to yourself in the second person.

ReputationRep:
    What's 'germany' again?

Yeah, the person who told me that story got it wrong.
    You mean you got it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, general studies. Anyone can get an A in it. My friend got an A after saying AIDS was good and helped remove the weak from Africa. It does not really show general knowledge, just the skill to bull ****.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I'm not even going to mention the g-word because its hitting everyone in the face.

Fail.

ReputationRep:
    ask them where Germany is or what WW2 was about and they have no idea.
    Do you really want me to go into detail on early 20th century German history? Or the causes of WWI, as well as WWII? Cuz I will, in great detail, and I can promise you'll be bored.

Massive generalisation is massive.

ReputationRep:
    How the **** do you not know what WW2 is about? Have you not seen any films, tv, or read any books about it?
    It was meant to be a light hearted statement....

ReputationRep:
    The average guy does have better general knowledge than the average girl. You have to remember, though, that there are some girls who do have better/equal general knowledge. There are also some guys with little to no general knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    I LOL at your life.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell you where Germany is and what happened in WW2, I can't however tell you about x-factor.... does this make me a man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    Do you really want me to go into detail on early 20th century German history? Or the causes of WWI, as well as WWII? Cuz I will, in great detail, and I can promise you'll be bored.

I'd find that really interesting, so if you have the urge... by all means for for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)

I'm guessing the only reason you know though is because you were taught it?

(Original post by niddlez)
    I LOL at your life.
    The irony of that statement.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.