Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ukuncut.org.uk/actions

How much of a hit will Topshop & friends take over these actions?

Do any of you work at Topshop or any store that has been hit by demonstrators?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think the impact for Topshop and the likes will be minor. Judging by the people who shop there, by and large, their customers aren't the type to get too wound up in tax-avoidance allegations and certainly not so affected that they choose to boycott the store, which is when it will take a more substantial financial hit.

ReputationRep:
    Well apart from the cost of replacing a few smashed windows, no.

Sheeple don't care enough to boycott the store.

ReputationRep:
    It'll hardly make a significant dent in such a large company.

Lol, it's amusing though. I completely understand the protests in London etc., but people were protesting where I live today. There were literally only about 15 of them holding little A4 paper signs, and they were outnumbered by police and people actually trying to go into Dorothy Perkins. :lol:
    I admire their spirit, but it will hardly affect anything, except perhaps terrifying the unfortunate people with Saturday jobs in these shops.

ReputationRep:
    £300 million tax evasion compared to a couple of broken windows....

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.